When getting rejected by a girl which do you prefer?

When asking a girl out and she decides to reject you, which do you prefer?

When getting rejected by a girl which do you prefer ?
1) Her being direct and honest with you

2) Her flaking on you several times when you arange dates with her until you get the hint she isn't interested.

3. Her ignoring your text messages when you bring up the idea and stop talking to you.

4. Her ignoring your text and then pretending she never got it.

5. Her lying to you about having a boyfriend, being gay or some other version to spare your feelings.

• Direct and honest
  • Flaking on dates
  • Ignoring text messages and stop talking to you
  • Ignoring text messages and pretending she never got them
  • Lying to spare your feelings

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally direct and honest but very polite and friendly about it. I was rejected this way and although it was rejection, I didn't walk away from her feeling bad, she made me feel good still and I didn't regret asking. I've never forgot that about her because nobody ever rejected me that way and it was very much appreciated.

• Wow, that's really amazing. I'm glad to know that not all rejected people are resentful, hurt and bitter towards their crush.

• @sparkly-crystal Nope not all of us :) This girl was truly amazing to me because for all I know she could've been repulsed by me (I don't know, maybe not true) but she was way out of my league (in my opinion) but she didn't make me feel bad for asking or put me down in any way. Made it seem like if things were different she might have said yes which made me feel awesome (even if untrue). A lot of guys get upset or would then stalk her maybe but not all of us are like this. I had a tremendous amount of respect for her for that.

What Guys Said 6

• Women say that they don't tell you or lie to you in order to spare your feelings but usually that just means that they are to scared to tell you in person.

• Direct and honest. Even if she's an asshole about it it pisses me off much less than if she just ignores me or lies to me.

• Giv eit to me straight, harder at the start but far far better overall.

• I prefer not being rejected at all. Lol.

• C happens more often than not

• I'd prefer direct and honest but I understand human nature well enough to not expect that to happen. People are in a quandary when rejecting someone's advances, they don't want the attention but they don't want to think of themselves as a harsh or cruel person so they avoid.

I've never had an advance rejected possibly because I don't ever put a girl on the spot. There are lots of ways to make sure your invitation will be accepted before ever making it. It's true you may miss out on some opportunities with shy women, women met in passing or women who aren't good at subtle communication (there are some) but that's life.

What Girls Said 4

• I feel like most guys prefer either an honest answer, or a lie to spare their feelings.
    This is why it's so hard to reject a guy, because if you're brutally honest he might complain about you being a bitch. If you lie to him, he might complain about getting a generic excuse. So it's often lose-lose if you happen to pick the wrong approach. :/

• honest asf even if it hurts

• I think it's only respectful to be honest and let him know that unfortunately you don't think you're a good match. Yes it will probably disappoint him, but flaking out on dates or ignoring texts is horrible and probably a more hurtful option.

• That's the problem some men get upset even when they are rejected nicely