How do I get a girl to text me back something interesting and not end up getting ignored, or worse blocked?

Okay, I really want to get through this. I have many friends on Facebook, many of whom are girls I don't directly know, but still have a strong mutuality. When I text someone, I try to make the chat more interesting, and try to say things like "Hey how's it going?" And "It's hot, isn't it? The weather" or try to make a joke. But I end up getting replies like "Cool wbu" and "I'm sorry. Do I know you?" And stuff. I've never been much of a girl- person since I was a nerd in most of my high school days. Moreover, I'm not Mr Tom Cruise. Pls halp! :

Most Helpful Girl

• Text people you already know or people you have talked to at least once in your life.

Most Helpful Guy

• All right because you're 15 and trying to learn: I won't troll you.

1. When girls hit their 20s, they get 100+ Facebook messages a year from guys using the line "Hey how's it going?". If they online date, they get 100+ messages A DAY from guys using the line "Hey how's it going?". This is the case for my sister. Use a unique line and not a line that girls hear thousands of times a year. And yes, I am serious about what I just said: ANY girl who online dates can easily amass 30000 messages yearly.

2. You're 15. I am about to give you the most useful advice you will receive in the next few years (when it comes to dating at least). Learn to NOT GIVE A FUCK if a girl ignores or blocks you, or what she thinks of you. You are you and you come first. If a girl doesn't like this then she is not for you. A girl who likes you will accept you for who you are, and praise you for this. Sucking up to or submitting to or changing for a girl is the quickest way to bore her.

I met my first girlfriend (who was initially a friend) at school. We went for coffee together one time and she asked if I could hurry up pouring the cream into my coffee because she was waiting. I sternly said to her: "keep waiting!", demonstrating to her I don't care much for inconveniencing her. A few weeks later she admitted to me that she was attracted to me because she felt I had the confidence to walk away at any moment, and the thrill was enough to keep her around.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Don't do it over text. It's easy to unintentionally (or intentionally) put someone off. Become friends in person and they'll usually respond in text.

The other alternative is to try and be more personal and less generic. come up with a question or statement that will spark a conversation and won't result in a one word answer. But that too requires knowing the recipient better.

• You don't get a girl to text you back. You wait.