How should I punish my BF?

I ignored his text messages for days so he blocked me on Skype. I knew he was doing it for attention, so I pretended nothing happened. Then he got angry and started acting passive aggressive. What to do? Why is he acting like a 5 year old? And I thought everybody grows up after being in the army.

And now he says he is doing horrible at work...

Most Helpful Girl

• you both acted like 5 year olds

Never have I ever ignored my boyfriend

What does that solve even?

And my boyfriend has never ignored me as well

Why are you two acting like children? -__-

• I think we both feel vulnerable by telling each other how we feel. And our egos don't allow is to speak our minds.

• No worries. Can I please PM you?

• of course. feel free

What Guys Said 18

• The best way to get pay back is to be the grown up here. Just calmly tell him you are aware that he blocked you and that is his prerogative. It is also yours to just let him play the pitiful juvenile.

• He's older than me too. I did eventually ask him when I threatened to break up. He said "no reason" and I got extremely pissed. But then, I drew the answers from him to which he admitted that I was neglecting him, and he wanted to see my reaction and to see if I cared by him blocking me on Skype. I pretended nothing happened because I knew he was asking for attention. Just like cats scratching on the furniture. He grew even more distant and our relationship got progressively worse.

• That's some shat. All of this over his pride.. Wow

• When pride wins out over rationality and what's right there is absolutly no reason to try working it out

• you both sound like 5 year olds

• I was thinking the same thing

• And to think that one is a soldier and one is a pilot. I thought communication would be the strongest and the highlight of our relationship. The communication is crap and our egos don't allow us to speak our minds.

• U both are playing games and a point will come and he will just walk away..
    Communicate like an adult..

• Meh. It's the 6th time I've threatened to break up and he has always let me come back. But this time since I threatened to break up for real, I had a lot of sucking up to do. I wouldn't risk it again. If I suspect that he was cheating on me, I should have confronted him with evidence instead of ignoring him.

• When you assume your partner is cheating... The best way is to prove it by proof.
      Once u have evidence, throw right at his/her face and move on but unless u dont have evidence, ignoring shouldn't be done.. it doesn't help any party...

• He is acting like a child when you are asking here how to punish your boyfriend.

It sounds like you two deserve each other to be honest.

• I couldn't think of any other title to grab more answers. I am sure the majority of answerers are only responding to drama, trolls or questions about sex.

• omg! you both need better communication. you started it by ignoring messages... imature and you know it.

throw away all this text junk and talk, preferably in person. Texting is terrible communication.

the relationship problems will go a lot deeper than this, but if you can't get past it and talk things out, you are wasting each others time.

• We're both in a LDR. it is difficult to.

• Oh? just give the naughty boy a spank.

Children asking for relationship advice.

Your question should rather sound more like "What should I do to fix this?" than "How should I punish him". Why would a punishment be necessary 😂😂😂

• Namely because if I gave the question this title, no one would be answering. People only answer impersonal questions, rubbish polls or sex these days. No one cares about giving relationship advice.

• You need to stop using your affection and your bond with him as a weapon to hurt and manipulate. You need to work at building trust and open communication. You need to stop playing stupid fucking childish games and own your shit.

Time to grow up and be an adult, unless your happy being miserable and drama riddled.

• He said he forgives and still loves me. How can I make this work? I feel that we are both exhausted. And how do you know when a guy is lying or cheating? He has a dating profile and lies about not paying. He also promised me he would take it down and at least change the descriptions. He didn't.

• maybe it can't be saved? maybe you guys will have to work it out, your going to have to decide if you can trust him or not, maybe go see a therapist for a couple hours and get some solid advice! Seriously, like a little money and a couple hours to help you sort this out if a bargain!

• ... you ignored his text messages for days. That literally means you had been acting passive aggressive prior.

• Advice him, army is not criteria for growth, but the willingness to learn

• -_________-
    Shit like this makes me so happy I am single.

• Dump him he seems too immature and probably has some issues that he needs to resolve before he can be in a relationship.

• And when I asked him why he blocked me on Skype when I tried breaking up with him, he said "no reason". And I was like WTF and I found out that he was pissed because I replied wait and he wanted to see my reaction and if I cared. I won that game because I didn't feed his ego and pretended nothing happened.

• This relationship doesn't have a solid foundation to stand on and is doomed to fail.
      End it now and reduce the amount of pain you will face from the break up, otherwise if you wait longer it will only be worse.

• Too little too late for fixing anything from what it sounds like. You acted childish in order to hurt the other is one way or another and look how that turned out. Had you both acted like adults and tried to talk about things instead of ignoring or blocking the other then maybe things would have been different.

• Not punish... Try to talk it out

• Take away his games and tell him he can't watch T. V. for a week. That outa do it.

• He lives on base...

• I don't think you caught my sarcasm. You can't "punish" him.
      What started this whole mess in the first place?

• Actually, you should be punished for 1) this failed troll attempt and 2) the fact that you're too stupid to realize it was you who should be punished in the first place simply because you ignored him which led to this situation.

• He shouldn't have blocked me. He should have confronted me. I was ignoring him because I thought he was cheating. He was growing distant and I didn't want to look desperate by asking him why. Our massive egos.

• You didn't even specify about what's going on so how can I answer or let alone take this question seriously? Why do you need to punish him wtf -.-

• You should not punish him.

Just ignore him.

• You two sound like you were made for each other /s

• Thank you! I think this is why I nearly broke up with him 6 times and he allows me to come back every time. I wouldn't risk it any more though, I really don't want to lose him.

• You both are acting like children. I suggest you both get out of big people relationships until you can both grow up.

• Can't you believe we're both educated and I'm 19 and he is 20? He's a soldier and I'm a pilot? It doesn't make sense.

• just because your "educated" doesn't mean you aren't acting like children.

What Girls Said 14

• you're both acting childish.. why did you ignore him? have a sit down and recognize that you both are acting foolish and if you have a reason tell him why you ignored him.

• Our massive egos isn't allowing us to speak our hearts and our minds. I ignored him because he grew distant and was lying to me.

• Okay, so rather than ignoring him maybe you should have told him why you were doing that. Both of those things can be gotten over if you had just talked about it. If you don't want to then maybe this isn't the right relationship for you because you guys aren't doing what needs to be done to make it work.

• You're both acting like 5 year olds...

Either talk to each other like fucking adults, or accept that you're not mature enough for a relationship.

• I know. I nearly broke up with him and blocked him on FB and Skype. He proceeded to block me back on Skype, but was super upset about me breaking up with him.

• "I ignored his text messages for days so he blocked me on Skype."

This is entirely your fault.

What you should do is break up with him because he doesn't need such bullshit in his life.

And you need to grow up. Until then stay away from relationships, you're far too immature to be in one.

• Tell him he's acting like a 5 year and needs to seriously grow up.

• I think you're acting like a 5 year old too, not just him. Why were you ignoring his texts to begin with? Was there a good reason?
    If there's anything I really hate in a relationship, it's the lack of openness. If there's something wrong, speak up and be straightforward. I hate it and don't get it when people just ignore or dodge or block, etc. It's cowardly and immature, to say the least!

• We're both not that open. It's our massive who's that won't allow us to communicate our feelings to each other. He said he was hurt and blocked ME on Skype because he felt neglected and empty. I ignored him because he was growing distant and some space could save our relationship.

• And now I feel really guilty. My actions are affecting him at work and he said his days were horrible.

• ... you shouldn't act like a 5 year old and ignore his messages in the future. That's a good start.

• I was ignoring him because he grew distant for no reason. I thought it would sound some good.

• I can't really imagine what good you could've imagine would come from ignoring him. Anyone who treats someone who ignores them any better than they were previously to such games would be a complete idiot.

• Just stop talking to him!

• Well, these things don't occur in a vaccum, you see...

• block him on whatever he's sending you messages now

• You guys both sound a little immature.
    Why did you ignore his text?
    Stop with the whole punishment thing, grow up and communicate.
    Being passaive gets you no where in a relationship.

• passive*

• I ignored his text because he was growing distant. So I gave him some space and hoped it would benefit our relationship. Apparently, it didn't.

• Talking o him would have been better. I would let him go. The relationship isn't gonna work if you guys can't communicate.

• Why did you ignore him?

• Because he was growing distant and I thought some space would benefit us. I thought men pull away when they need to think, so I did that.

• You need to look into yourself as "punishing" is selfish and will get you nowhere in any relationship...

• he ll dump you

• He actually gave me another chance. I would never risk our relationship again though. I want it to work.

• really? so why did you act like that? that's childish

• Silence is more painful than harsh words. So if you want to hurt him , then ignore him. Harsh words make a person angry but your silence breaks their heart

• I have already ignored him. I ignored him because he was growing distant and I thought he cheated on me.

• Then keep ignoring him. he will wonder why you are able to ignore him for so long. It will affect his ego. Some people only deserve your silence