I feel really angry and depressed?

i feel like i ruined my life. I used to be very different, i was very ''special'' as a kid, responsible, i could have become anyone i wanted to be, very organized but also very weak minded, naive, i feel like my mother ruined my peace of mind, i couldnt study easily, i couldnt live normally, i felt very restless and during my teens i got sick so i had to do lower education. Because of that i am studying now to become a ''secretary'' but the course is so boring and not challenge i am started to lose my mind, the people im surrounded with are also incredibly stupid and lowlifes , because of this i fell into a depression and regret... im 25 when im done and i want to continue studying, i will be 28 when im done, i do feel old but... i can't give up right? how can i get over the regret of quitting school when i was 18?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, never give up! Funny, 25 must be a magic age, because I felt regrets at that age - broken long term relationship with HS sweetheart, working as an electronics tech, regretting that I didn't continue on to get my Engineering Degree, thinking that by now I should be in a much better "station" in life, even though, in retrospect, I was doing well.

I changed my situation - I moved out of the apartment I shared with my burn - out cousin and moved back home, out of the blue got a call from a recruiter who said he had an opportunity for me with a "major" electronics manufacturer, but he couldn't tell me who it was. So, of course, I was dubious. It turned out to be Sharp Electronics, and I landed a position in service engineering as a product specialist. BIG score. I got involved in the implementation of a PC Network (LAN/WAN) for the division, and followed that with training, certifications, etc., got my degree, ultimately IT Director.

I remember feel old at 25 and an under achiever. Silly. 25 is young. Trust me.

My advice to you is to continue on with schooling and secure a job that pays decently. Take a look at your friends and your lifestyle. They can bring you down, getting stuck in a going nowhere, partying state of mind. Is your boyfriend bringing you down? What is it that's got you down - sometimes not easy to see, but figure it out, and change it. There are things you can't control, things you can influence and things you can control. Play those situations accordingly. Never forget you are special, don't let anything make you feel otherwise. Remember "who the fuck you are" (Jersey expression) . And don't forget it! Ever. Attitude is key. Take charge, don't settle, do what you got to do. Finish school land a job. Start out on your own. Continue your education? Pursue an Admin position? Remember you're special, fuck the negative influences - they're dead to you. Remember who the fuck you are. Spread your wings and fly, girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• Then dont, if you think you'll regret it now, your definitely going to regret it down the road. If you find college isn't for you then maybe its not. But honestly the potential quality of life lacks if you aren't educated. And i dont mean money wise i mean just for yourself. Its so much more important to gain knowledge throughout your life, the thinking and reasoning in college will help you get a job, present yourself intelligently, and itll make outsourcing yourself a million times easier than doing it all yourself and putting yourself out there. i was close to pulling the trigger a month or so ago and luckily i didn't. If college really just isn't your thing or you want something off from normal education, you're aware, and you're up for the extra miles you'll have to go later on.. Consider studying independantly under a well educated figure. And it can be anyone preferably with a (phd or a known professional). However there's no point in taking this route unless you're looking to push the boundaries or limits in a less conventional way or just on a deeper level. Personally I've planned it out and will be finishing my two year in the next year or so, and the following four to six years im plan to study under 3 semi renouned figures. Still working out the logistics but The field im pursuing is a bit unconventional, plus i like the challenge and unknown it will bring. I want a deeper level of education for that will build me as a person, educate me, and progess my goals in different areas. Basically none of the three figures I've specifically selected are obligated, have signed contracts yet, or are neccessarily going to be still alive by the time this bizarre educational plan of mine is at that stage. there's honestly an extensive amount of groundwork and itll be very tricky using this approach for more conventional job routes. But i thought id share mine. you're not the only one who has less interest in college or the underlying themes institutions emphasize today. Im striving to be more well round. Whatever your goals are.. just adjust🙃 Good luck

What Guys Said 6

• 23 and you feel this way. You must be weak willed. You're living in nostalgia and what you're reminiscing on is your failures. You need to dream. Cause when nostalgia overpowers dreaming, your life is over. You have nothing to look forward to. You think of your past and how you could change it with the what if's you play in your head over and over again. It's a horrible cycle to be in. And nostalgia is something you are addicted to. You don't seem to enjoy it. It's a drug. Talk to someone about your depression and regret. Find someone who you feel comfortable to confide in.

• how am i weak willed? ill be 24 in two months and stuck in a degree i hate, i hate my life, in 5 years will be 30, i dont even have a man, i feel awful, like no chances available for me, i feel like i cannot grasp anything anymore

• Have you tried talking to someone you feel comfortable talking to? Like a relative or close friend? Why not find new hobbies too for your spare time. You're making yourself sound worthless when you're not. You're going to be 24. Your life is far from over.

• Step one: speak with your doctor. You may have a problem for which his/her attention is appropriate.
    Step two: does the society in which you live have what is known as mature-age entry to university? This would use an admission test, rather than your secondary-school score. Are there publicly funded (no fee) universities where you live?

• " im 25 when im done and i want to continue studying, i will be 28 when im done,"
    Keep on going it doesn't matter that you are going to be twenty eight when you are done.
    Go at your own pace.
    You will be okay

• Dont think a lot... be happy keep smiling...

• You are still very young.. most of your life ahead of you... make the best of it

• You don't you just have to learn to live with it. Trust me there are worse regrets than quitting school that I'm living with right now.

What Girls Said 2

• Age is a fool's concept. You still have time to change.

• You should definitely not give up. You quit school when you were 18. So what? People make dumb decisions all the time. You still have time left. Do the best you can with it.

• i know but the weird thing is... i let my older sis influence me back then, she was an extremely bad influence, she brainwashed me with religion stuff and tried to control me, I've missed the best teen years of mt life and i can't seem to get over the fact that my life could have been so different had i made the right choice. It haunts me