He is sexually attracted to me, my best friend, and trust, values, and cares for me. Why aren't we a couple?

We have great sex, great hangouts and deep conversations, and he fully trusts me. What is holding him back?

He says he cares for me but not like that. That he values out friendship too much and messes all his relationships up. But everything else points to the contrary.
Also made it clear that if he started seeing anyone I'd have to end our friendship because I wouldn't be able to deal with it. He's been a player but in the last four months since we've gotten close hasn't entertained any other female attention but mine.

Most Helpful Guy

• What is holding him back?

May be he never wants to be in a relationship as such, may be he only wants friendships and as you said he is your best friend right?

• Yeah he is. Its just he knows he can't date anyone else and still be friends will me so at some point something has to give.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you expressed any interest in a different kind of relationship?

• I have. And talked about how it has hurt me that he can't reciprocate anything deeper. But he continues to strength our relationship instead or redefine our friendship / boundaries.

• If he won't explain himself to you, maybe you should just cut things off for a little while. If he misses you and realizes he's messed things up by not speaking up/making a move, he may smarten up.

• The issue is we do everything together. Go to class together, eat together, hang out most nights together, study together. We're weirdly codependent already and not hanging out will almost be like a break up in itself. I just want disappear hed definitely question it

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe you. Him not knowing what you want

• obv he doesn't want a committed relationship. does like hitting it when he feels like it tho

• You're already a couple.

What Girls Said 2

• ? Ask him out?

• Sounds like you're a couple already.
    If it really bothers you, ask him to define the relationship. You need to have that talk.