Have you ever told someone you weren't ready for a relationship then actually came back when you were ready?

Have you ever told someone you weren't ready for a relationship then actually came back when you were ready? Explain if possible. Why were you not ready?

• Have you ever told someone you weren't ready for a relationship then actually came back when you were ready?
  • Or not?
  • Never been in this situation.
He's in the process of divorce. He's just coming out a relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only time I had not been ready for a relationship was when I thought being in a relationship meant that I had to have a well paying career that could provide for a woman and family. Actually it's wasn't true and it was all in my head, but it was what I was taught in regards to being responsible as a man. I didn't come back, I had to transfer back home so we lost touch, but the woman that liked me, was hurt by it when I had saw her sister later, and I regretted not discussing it with her or giving her a heads up. Communication became very important for me after that.

The man that is just coming out of a relationship, may not emotionally be ready for a new relationship as he is still processing his divorce. I'd be supportive of him but not to the extent that he sees you only as a friend. Furthermore I think you should take it slow so you don't become a rebound or just something to fill the void.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never happened but I would not do that! I am not waiting around for anyone. Maybe if years passed and we happened to run into each other and there was still some spark I would give it another shot. I can say that all the guys that hurt me because they ended up not wanting anything serious have ALL tried coming back at some point but I am over them and never even wanted to go there again.

What Guys Said 7

• Don't fall for that shit. It pussy speak for "I'm not interested" It's also a way to string a woman along as a backup plan. What you say is "well, when you are ready look me up IF I'm still single" and walk away. Don't wait

• No, I have never been in a relationship. I have always been single, so I have never had this situation.

• Never been in this situation.

• once you tell sombody that in my mind its a good by forever. if they where worth it then fuck your timinig you will love them forever.

• Nope can't say I have.

• nope, never been in this type of situation.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• I told someone I wasn't ready for a relationship and a month later I started dating my boyfriend... sort of bitchy of me, but eh.

• Yes, because I didn't like the guy. At least not enough.

• When I was younger, I would "come back" to some guys I ditched. But mostly because of ego boost and being bored. Then when I would get them, I would lose interest quickly enough again. I was such a bitch when I was a teenager. But thanks to that, I learned how to spot that type of person. Some people never grow up.

• Plan to

• Kinda I guess, I was hooking up with my now boyfriend in the summer and said that I wasn't ready/didn't want a relationship cuz I recently got out of one. But then I ended up really liking him and we started going out for real and now I couldn't be happier.