The more you talk to someone, the more you like them?

What are your thoughts on this statement?

I think the more you talk to someone of the opposite sex, you find things you like and don't like about them, but overall talking to someone all the time creates feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really, the connection is important. You can talk to someone for years and still not ffmeel a thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Both my boyfriend and I gradually fell for each other after (by fate) talking to each other on a ski trip and getting to know one another. The more we talked, the more we fell for one another. I asked him once when he first started to like me and he told me that there wasn't a specific moment in time. He just found himself falling for me the more he talked to me.

What Guys Said 4

• If that's true then that could be unfortunate for introverts and shy people.

Do conversations online count?

• Well for both people.

• Ok, then for yourself (i. e. the person talking) you could talk to a person more if you like them or you could like them more after talking to them more. It could happen in two different orders. Or there could be no relation between the two.

For the other person (i. e. the person talked to) I don't think there's a linear relationship between the two, more of a parabola. If you don't talk to someone often then they may not develop feelings for you. But at the other end of the scale, if you talk to someone too much then that could get annoying and come off as clingy/desperate.

• Yeah I think that makes sense.

• yes i do beleave your statement is correct.

• Not for me

What Girls Said 4

• Yes. I actually don't get crushes until I get to know guys. It's weird. Like I see guys I think are cute but I don't imagine futures with them unless I form an emotional connection somehow

• I think it could be true to some extent, you might develop an attraction

• I don't think that you'll magically become attracted to them but you may become closer.

• Yes, and no. This happened to me :( a guy friend and I started texting just about plans, but then turned into more longer conversations over time, nothing flirty. And I eventually loved the fact that he was so smart and we could have conversations about life, I didn't realize I started liking him!! But then again, there are some guys I can talk to forever but don't fall for them any more than just friends! I guess it just depends lol