Am I a bad guy for not wanting to date a bisexual woman?

I met a girl in my college class who is a very nice girl. However, I think it's gonna be short lived. In a discussion in class she confesses she is bisexual. This will make me sound like the devil himself but I am not interested in dating or having sex with a bisexual woman. Did it once, got burned, don't trust them, so never again. We were supposed to go to a hockey game tonight but I told her I have other last minute plans that came up. In reality, I don't want to date her now. Am I a bad person for this preference?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you're not. I mean, I think your distrust is misplaced since obviously one person acting badly shouldn't define a group of people, but you're not a bad guy for not wanting to date someone because of previous bad experiences and hangups. That's a natural defensive reaction, even if it's not 100% rational. And we can decide to not date someone for literally any reason. No one has to date anyone, that's up to them and their own personal preferences.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not, because I would not date one either. I find that the majority of them are never sexually satisfied with the partners they date and will therefore resort to unfaithfulness. I'll pass.

Also, any guy that wants to date bisexual women most likely just wants threesomes...

• Yup. I don't think they can be trusted.

What Girls Said 11

• No, nothing wrong with preferences. I'm not ashamed to admit I have never found Asians attractive. I'll have the utmost respect for anyone of any kind, but I've just never felt an attraction of that kind. And same with bisexuals, I've not wanted to date one either. As long as you're respectful about your preferences (e. g. you don't want to date a fat person, don't, but don't be mean to said fat person), then you deserve respect back!

• Obviously, as a bisexual woman, I'm gonna say yeah.

• 1|0
    • I do think the majority will cheat eventually. Besides, I already have to compete with other men, I can't compete with women. So I'd rather not get involved with one.

• You can't base someone's loyalty off their sexual orientation.

• I'll be friends with them, I'll never date them.

• Lmao this is exactly why I don't tell potential boyfriends that I'm bisexual..

• Yeah, I have written off women fast because she said she was bisexual. Not in a mean way. I try to be nice when I reject someone.

• I don't think it makes you a bad person rejecting them for this reason and you're by all means not alone there's plenty of guys like you, but as a bisexual thats the reason I just keep my sexuality to myself and let guys assume I'm straight. I just wanna avoid the judgement and countless stereotypes.

• its not wrong its just your preference

• its wrong not to trust any bisexual woman ever. its like never trusting a straight girl again because of something. obviously you would date more straight girls, right?

• I would trust a straight girl over a bisexual one.

• nothing is wrong with that, u should let her know that your not intrested in dating right now and just want to be friends

• Nothing wrong with a having a preference. I'm a bi girl.

• I'm sorry for my English, is not very well :)

• That's ok 😁

• You're not a bad person but I think it's a little short-sighted. What do you dislike about them? Bisexuals are people capable of enjoying sex and/or love both ways. Im slightly bisexual, I fell in love with a girl once and have kissed a few others. I like guys more often. It doesn't change the way I like guys and it doesn't change the way I handle relationships, when Im with someone Im all into that one person.

• I dated one and got burned so I never want to date a bi girl ever again. I can't trust them.

• If you would date a blond girl and she acted terrible, would you only ever strictly date brunettes from that point on?
      To me that's basically the same.

• It doesn't make you a bad person. Everyone has their own preferences. Just let her know you only see her as a friend, so she doesn't keep wondering if she has a chance with you. Communication is key! Best of luck!

• Kinda rude, but whatever

What Guys Said 5

• No your not, cause you stand by for you know is right for you. No one can't live your life nor tell you what to differently. No your not bad guy but letting her know the truth is way better.

• She likes having sex with men and women and you like having sex with straight women. You are fine.

• Well it's your decision but I've met some really mean straight women but that doesn't mean I only date bi women and men.

• depends dude ! Imagine you could have a three way with two girls ! the dream !!!

• I'm not interested in threesomes.

• No, I wouldn't date a bi-sexual girl either