A coworker asked another coworker to give me her number unsolicited. I texted her a day later and now she won't respond to me. What's going on?

She's considerably younger than me and beautiful. We haven't talked that much but we cross paths daily.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe she's busy or shy or playing a game have you two texted at all? What have you talked about?

• Not really sure. I tried to make it less awkward By saying that I think I'm being pranked (by the person who texted me her number even though I know for a fact I'm not being pranked) to take the pressure off her but literally the only thing she said was who is this? Like a wtf why are you texting me kind of reaction. My concern at this point is that I don't want to look like a creep which I'm not. The only reason I texted her is bc I thought she liked me. Why else would she give me her number albeit indirectly?

• I'd just tell her that tbh just say someone gave your number because they said you wanted me to have it

What Guys Said 1

• Just about anything could be going on, which could include someone trying to set you up for a sexual harassment complaint or lawsuit.
    When females are involved, anything is possible. Expect the worst and act defensively.
    Do not attempt to contact her again.