Guys, Would you date a single mom? Girls are single moms worth dating?

There's a girl im thinking of asking out and just want to know what you all think. She's a single mom living on welfare with one little boy.

Would you date a single mom guys? and girls are single moms worth it in your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Are single moms worth it?
    Well.. I don't really like looking at it in that kind of context, which by default implies that a single mother is like damaged goods.

Though I personally would not be interested in dating single father, or father who's got some other kids from a previous relationship, I think it really depends on what each person wants. Personally, I'd only really be interested in putting my all into raising biological children of my own that I have with my husband in the future. Especially since I'm still relatively young in terms of finding someone to be with for life.. I'd prefer to not be with someone who already has the baggage of children with anyone else.

Likewise, I'd like the guy I'm with to have a good plan in terms of finances and saving, in which having however many children from past relationships would not be a good factor.

Doesn't have to portray them in a negative light, necessarily, as that can happen in many circumstances. However, I don't find the idea of having to deal with possibly troublesome exes/stepmothers to be a risk I'd be willing to deal with. Nor would I be overly interested in cooking, cleaning, and generally looking after this kid that is mind only by proxy with being with the father.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated three single moms and it never ended well. First you're always going to be #2 at best. Second dealing with her ex is a pain in the ass. And frankly, I cannot accept children who aren't mine. I want my own fresh start and firsts. Yes, all you haters even at my age. I view single mothers as damaged and used and I'll never seriously date one again. Fuck buddy, perhaps. But she will have the understand that's all we'll ever be. People can't say that I'm not honest.

What Girls Said 14

• The 'worth it' thing implies that somehow their having a child makes them a lesser option which is kinda... Ehh. I think that if you have enough time and are sensible enough to put yourself into a relationship where, sooner or later, you'll have to be introduced to and interact with a child, then they're good. There's nothing wrong with single moms, after all, as long as they're a good mother, but if you can't eventually put time into a child then it might not be the relationship for you.

• why not.. it has no effect on her as a person... but you gotta realize that you both are gonna have to add a child into a picture as well.. he sure is her responsibility and you're also gonna have to be a little flexible.. but I think it can really work out..

• Single women aren't one group of people that are all alike. Each woman is her own. So, there are mothers out there that are treasures to find and love, on the flip side, there are women out there who are terrible and probably shouldn't even have kids.

When it comes to the case of your lady friend, if she is a good person who is trying her hardest to provide for her son and a be a good person, go for it.

• It depends on a lot of stuff. The situation between her and the father, if the father is still in the kid's life, the reason they aren't together, etc.

• If you really like her and can see yourself together long-term, then go for it. You have to realize you'll be an important part of the child's life as well, so don't get into it if you don't see yourself acting as a father figure either.

• It really depends on the guy and what he looks for. If you start dating her, you need to consider that in the long term, her kids will be part of your life too. If you're not ready for that kind of responsibility or only want kids of your own, dating her might be a bad idea.

If the question was reversed, my answer would be no. I wouldn't date a single dad because I don't plan to have kids... Ever

• Depends on her mentality, since most guys that I've heard that dated women with kids. The chick ended up having a bad mentality and treated the dude like shit.

• It all depends if they gave their shit together or not.
    That goes for guys too

• When you're open to dating sure why wouldn't you? If you want more kids well you can have more kids

• yea of course but not when you re too young.

• Yes they are

• single mums are worth dating they have a lot to offer

• Like what?

• they have love to give, and anything a woman without a child does. my step dad married my mum when I was 9 months so I know it happens and works out

• Date date date date take care of the damn child that needs a daddyy!!

• I would not date a single parent that's too much pain in the ass and see the ex a lot. I would just punch her in the face

What Guys Said 24

• Personally I wouldn't.

Unless she is better looking than average and has rare personality traits that you couldnt easily find in another girl I dont see why it would be worth it.

• What's worth got to do with it? I simply wouldn't prefer dating them because I want my own kids. I'm partial to only that.
    When you say worth, its a measure, being a single mom is one of the hardest things I've seen a woman to be. Like seriously. That shouldn't be equated to worth. Never.

• Yes I can but marriage is another story for sure. I would like to have my own blood and start fresh with a woman

• Have you ever dated a single mom before?

• You definitely would have dated them? and how would you deal with the kid?

• I would have treated the kid like hey little buddy how was your day and buy the kids toys and all and help him out with school. I dont want to take over the fathers job though he's not my son and I dont want to set myself up as the brand new father

• I personally probably wouldn't that's just because I want to start fresh, you know? I want to be the guy who has kids who are is kids and not someone else's.

• I'm still hesitant about having my own child. So there is no way in hell I'm gonna look after another man's child.

• Pass I might bang one but not be with one it feels weird to be with a chick who already had kids with someone else adoption would be different though I have no problem with adoption. And they're kinda like the same thing, but not really.

• In the USA, we are literally at the highest point of childlessness for women, ever. Why do you need to date a single mom?

• Nothing against single moms, but I think first thought for any guy is,
    1- don't want to deal with ex husbands baggage if there is any.
    2- want to have your own biological child with her.

• Of course I'm open to dating a single mom! Although there are more things to consider.

• most cases dont end well with them. too many complications and work. but i also heard of happy stories.

• at my age? no. at your age? maybe. on welfare? fuck no

• No I wouldn't, I don't want to be responsible for another guy's kids.

• living on welfare is a deal breaker to me. having a kid is not a problem. but in this economy we need all the help we can get from are spouse.

• why is living on welfare a deal breaker for you?

• I want to own my own home, can't afford that on my own but could go halfsies with my partner. Can't do that with someone on welfare.

• I'd have no problem dating a single mom if I found them attractive both physically and mentally.

• no. ,

• No I wouldn't because I don't date.

• Nahhhhhh

• Yes I would, and I did.
    Good luck

• If you like her then go for it. To me it doesn't really matter if she is a single parent. However remember that you also have to deal with her kid, be like a friend and a 'father figure' to him.

• No i wouldn't date a single mom; i don't like kids

• I'll rather date someone with no kids

• No, I wouldnยดt. I find single moms stupid.

• Because, unless the father died or she decided to have the kid by herself from the beginning because she actually has that much money, she surely was so dumb that could not avoid and unwanted pregnancy.

• Ummmm... you need to be looking for a serious relationship, and not just a fuck-toy... She may have already had at-least *one* guy just tell her whatever she needed to hear get into her pants and then bolt...