My boyfriend's roommate has a girlfriend who is super organized, vegan, thin, doesn't eat much, and always looks nice. why is this so intimidating?

she's thin, vegan, doesn't eat much, and doesn't work out much. i am vegetarian, not very thin, eat a ton, and workout on a relatively regular basis. she also always looks very put together - she dresses nice and always has her makeup on that looks very natural, even for class. i don't dress too nice and rarely take time to do my makeup before class. she's super organized and clean because she says she has ocd. i have panic attacks and am a disaster. this is my boyfriend's roommate's girlfriend. why is this so intimidating to me? i feel like she's a way better and improved version of me. why does it bother me so much?

What Guys Said 1

• I'm thinking because either you wish you were more like her or your afraid your boyfriend will find her more attractive? Maybe both?

• You have to remember he's with you for a reason, because he likes and wants you! And it's not all about looks. Plus, I'm guessing this roommate was in the picture before you came along? If so, there's even more reason to not be worried. They'd be together if he wanted her (or her him).

What Girls Said 2

• "i feel like she's a way better and improved version of me."

You already said it yourself. You are being insecure and comparing yourself to her and think she is a better you.

Well she's not. She's not a better you, heck she's not even better than you. She's just different and she has her own personality and problems that you don't know anything about. You need to stop worrying about how perfect you think she is and work on being comfortable with yourself.

• Jealousy, and maybe you're worried that your boyfriend might find her more attractive. Don't compare yourself to her. It will only make you feel bad. I'm sure you're both great. Try to befriend her so you can see how she really is.