What do guys think about geeky girls?

i actually love reading books, and writing and watching movies too much (i kinda like doing these more than talking). does that turn a guy off?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah that's not geeky really :P Geekiness is more oriented around content. IE reading manga as opposed to reading 50 shades

That's more placid of a personality. And I've had some rough spots with girls with them in the past. I'm a bit too hands on to sit around and watch a movie/tv. In fact I don't have anything I watch regularly- I watched maybe 3-4 movies tops with people last year (including dates :P). I'll play games with people because I'm actively involved but that's about as disengaged as I'd like to be when in company. Also I have the tendency to not shut up. I can talk about nothing for hours on end.

Geeky interests however I am fine with since I'm pretty into that sort of dealio anyways. But I tend to indulge in that sort of stuff during my alone time.

• i think im a bit of both (but not to the point of 50 shades' coz it is too extreme for my tastes). thanks :)

• I've read the hunger games- is Maze Runner good? I'm looking for something to delve into haha
      I'd definitely recommend 20000 Leagues Under the Sea, War of the Worlds and my personal favorite (read it countless times) The Time Machine. Phenomenal Sci-fi books :P

• Maze Runner's great. but i hated the movie because its not the same as the book. i'll try to read those sometime.

Most Helpful Girl

• They annoy me (personally) cuz they believe writing, and watching movies is geeky when it's normal.

• oh, i just thought its geeky coz some of my friend tell me that im doing those too much.

• i see your point. and i think what you're doing in school is quite cool. :)

• @rgb009 You're one of the most awesome geeky girls I know.

What Guys Said 5

• Well as with all things it depends on what and how often. I like Tech geeks but not geeks in general. I'm not a gamer, comic reader, LARPer, or P&P RPG player but if I ask you about heartbleed and you know what I mean I'm yours.

• I think many of those so-called geeks are just socially insecure and try to shift the goalpost by calling themselves geeky.

• i do admit that im quite the shy type

• thanks :)

• You're welcome. Being able to take criticism speaks for you.

• Geeky girls are great. I've dated a few and had great times with them. I respect that they read and write. I don't do either but i love movies.

• It depends on the guy. I think that said qualities that are fairly uncommon are very attractive. Personally l think for me it would be more attractive than anything else, l mainly like girls that are very book smart lol

• Like if you're my girlfriend
    You'll read , write and watch movies instead of talking with me 😶?

• well, i'd talk to you of course. but if you're like my boyfriend would you still like it if i read, write and watch movies too much?

• it was quite a good imaginary relationship lmao hahahaha :D

• Yeah?
      Didn't knew that 😜
      But my feelings were real 😂😂 lol

What Girls Said 3

• "does that turn a guy off?"
    Yes and no. Every guy is different. Some will like it and some won't.

• thanks :)

• As someone who's always had somewhat geeky/nerdy interests, I've always been able to find people who shared and appreciated those interests. I hope that you will too one day.

• thank you :)

• That's not being geeky, it's more close to being a bookworm.

Most people think video games, anime, manga, computers, etc are geeky/nerdy.

• i just thought its geeky coz some of my friends tell me that im doing those too much. thank you tho.

• I would think a lot of guys like women who read books, writing, and watching movies.

• They're (we're) awesome.