'Maybe next time' was I rejected gently?

If you been following my recent question i just asked out this girl at my work to join me at a flea market. She seemed a little unsure and asked me what it was cause i guess she never been to one. So i explained it a bit and she said something about needing to cut her kids hair and going to the grocery store. So i asked her once more after she was done with all that and she replied 'maybe next time' with maybe a half smile on her face.

rejection? Or what do you think? Should i just move on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh no my dear.. 😟 Yes it seems she has rejected you. But don't fear or be sad about it. There are tons of other fish in the sea. She should have been straightforward though and said no! Instead of next time. BSing around -.-

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup that's a rejection. If she was into you, she wouldn't wait for a "next time"

The rule of thumb is... If she says ANYTHING but a yes in the present tense, it is a "no".

What Girls Said 16

• Move on, she is such a wimp for putting on u on the back burner and not being woman enough to tell you she isn't interested anymore. I hate these type of people, even if it is obvious.. I want to hear it directly from the horses mouth! Sorry Toad happens to us all eventually. Just focus on you and someone better will appear😁☺

• Move on. She didn't offer another time she was open and only seemed half enthused.

But you're brave and you asked her out, so, good about that.

Other fish in the sea that will catch your eye, also, maybe try to avoid co-workers, especially if you guys are busy a lot.

• yes.

• Sounds like it. Perhaps it's not so much you but maybe the place?

• Sounds like a rejection, yeah.

• If you get anything other than a YES, then its a rejection

• She didn't come up with a later date toto?

• Nope. Although realistically i dont have another day where we both have off for awhile so i couldnt offer another one either

• Just move on. If we hang out again it'll be as friends unless she decides to escalate it. I won't.

:p

• Mm yeah good thinking toto! ☺️

• noting that she has kids and a job so maybe she didn t have time or was too tired.
    now, see how responsive she is with you. if she approaches you and all then ask her another time, if she makes an excuse then move on.

• awh.. yeah.. just move on.. :/

• Yes, unfortunately, it sounds like a rejection. Move on.

• it sounds like she does not know how to have fun. it was a rejection but try again this time ask her what she would like to do. don't give up just yet. perhaps do something involving the kids.

• Eh i might ask again she isn't going anywhere so... But for right now ill just comsider us friends :p

• you are a good person don't let anything get you down : )

• Sadly yes it's best to move on since she can't make up her mind.

• Yeah, it seems like a rejection unfortunately. Sorry, Toadey 😕

• She rejected yo ass! 😕

• Yes sounds like a rejection, sorry. Although she may be leaving the door open for the future, she's not interested right now.

• Lol maybe try inviting her somewhere else besides the flea market. I love flea markets, and I would totally be willing to go as a first date. But perhaps try a nice lunch or dinner? And if she still gives an excuse, that probably means she's not interested.

What Guys Said 14

• Sounds like it, no worries -- she probably wasn't the best fit anyways, move on to the next one mate! good luck!

• She's a commitmentphobe, she's been hurt before so she sees a guy she likes, crushes on him makes all the right moves gets him interested then bails when she finds out he likes her too.

• It sounds like it in a way a rejection but you never know keep trying with the girl you will find out soon enough. I wish you the best remember she's not the only game in town.

• "Maybe"
    "Next time"
    Not only is it a maybe , it's resting on a hypothetical next time lol
    Zero commitment right there.
    Eh. Yep sounds like it.

Or who knows maybe she does have to go cut her kids' hair and go do the grocery.

• Yes, that is rejection.
    Ask once, then move on and do not ask again. Anything else becomes sexual harassment.
    It is extremely unwise to display interest in a female co-worker. That can result in a career-ending sexual harassment complaint.

• Maybe you caught her during the wrong time , you should try again, and do something that doesn't involve going too out of the way, like grabbing lunch during wee hours, she can't refuse that for no reason.

• Has she ever approached you or invited you out? Sounds like she just wants to be work friends and why she didn't say no thinking if she did it will affect her at work with you.

• Yeah I'd say it is, sorry man.

• fuck her sister.

• Rejection

• Rejected, sorry man

• Move on it was a rejection.

• R e j e c t e d

• I say it sounds like it, there's plenty of fish in the sea