Dating someone 4 years older. Okay or not?

I am 19 and he is 23. I am currently taking a gap year before college and he just graduated from college. We work together in a restaurant. We have been talking for a few months and there is definitely something between us but I have a lot of reservations. Most of the reservations are due to the age gap. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats nothing lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Four years is absolutely nothing.

What Guys Said 13

• Were it 15 vs 19, that would be less common, but not a problem. 19 vs 23 is definitely no problem whatsoever.

• Yes it's ok. Why do you ask us? If it feels great, don't wait for other people's permission...

• I think its perfectly fine since you are both out of highschool and over 18 and everything.

• That's nothing...

• Yea, not a big deal at all... Age gap I wouldn't say really exists until like 10-15 years starts separating you

• what age gap?

• Sure, date him and have fun. You're not that far apart in age.

• Four years? Please, that's nothing

• thats so little.

try 10

• Yeah it's fine

• 4 years is not a bad age gap at all. Totally normal.

• totally okay age difference.

• aaaaeaaiaiiia i duno its a bit of a touchy subject im not sure

What Girls Said 6

• Hmmm... that's my limit - 4 at the most. You're younger, so you should try to make your own set of rules. What do YOU think?

• its really not a big deal. if you have a lot in common and feel comfortable with him it shouldn't matter. I'm 19 dating a 24 year old and i couldn't be happier.

• 4 years is no biggie at your age.

• I dated someone who was 30 when I was 20. I'd say you're fine.

• That is fine.

• dating someone older than you is ALWAYS better because he's matured, he know cans and can'ts , simply he knows things that you dont and he won't let you do any mistake , he won't let you down.
    I'm dating someone who's 7 years older than me and i find myself very happy because he knows everything and he just cares about me like no one did.
    And basing on psychology dating someone older is always better and it's prefered more than dating someone in your age. good luck :)