"A girl shouldn't change for a guy, the guy should change for the girl"?

So me and my niece were watching Grease and at the end of the movie Sandy goes from good girl to bad girl for the guy. And my niece goes "that's a bad ending. She changed herself for a guy" and my sister says "yeah that is bad. A girl should never change for a guy. If anything the guy should change"
So I say "wait so it's bad for a girl to change but it's perfectly fine for a guy to change for a girl" and she says "yes because a girl does so much already for a guy"

Agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

• I disagree, who ever has the worst mentality needs to change.

In grease the dude should change since he does things to get in trouble with the law, smokes, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• I would disagree.

• Nobody should change for anyone, that's lying to yourself and lying to them.
    If you can't meet on one level, you should just move on until you find a person who likes you for you.

• People overcomplicate this.
    Change if you WANT TO change.
    Don't change if you DON'T want to
    Jeez.

• I don't like that movie. Sandy seems to throw away her standards.

• You didn't really answer the question

• It would be good if she was a "bad girl" and changed into a "good girl". Unfortunately she changed negatively. It was good for Danny to go from a "bad guy "to a "good guy." When someone makes you want to be a better person, you should hold on to them. But when someone pressures you to change yourself you should walk away.

• Disagree. No one should change for the other sex (or the same sex, if you're into that)

• disagree. Both should stop changing for the other.

• Disagree. No one should change for the other person.

• I think the both should change and try together to be better people

• Neither should completely change themselves for the other.

Examples of acceptable things to change: improve your hygiene and clean up your room when the partner comes over, go out of your comfort zone to meet their friends and family. I also wore lighter make up for my boyfriend because he didn't like too much of it.

What Guys Said 8

• Of course I disagree, I hope your sister doesn't have enough life experience because it's the only thing that can justify what she said.

• I am going to start with the assumption (to make it easier to explain and think through) that relationships are a two-way street, and both partners are willing to accept roughly the same degree of change for the other.

That said, I have no idea, in even that situation, how far one SHOULD go and change. One obviously reaches a point where one is no longer oneself with or for the other person. The opposite end of the spectrum is one would never be willing to change anything for anybody.

• man that girl is going to have a shitty relationship life, total fucking train wreck.

• Well she has been in the same relationship for over 11 years hah

• well takes all kinds I guess.. glad I'm not the poor sap who's with her though.

• Doormat 101: NEVER change to accommodate negativity. Gender matter not.

What if they're 2 girls or 2 guys?

I don't know how old your niece is, but whoever told her that is an idiot

• Disagree. If anybody from any gender go into a relationship thinking to theirself "Wow I really want to change this person" or anything relating to that, then they need to be in a relationship with somebody else.

• I agree with that, whether it is because of personal or incompatibility issues, relationships like that shouldn't move forward.

• "yes because a girl does so much already for a guy"
    That is one funny universe she lives in.

• One's no more true than the other; but change CAN be a good thing: such as quitting smoking, etc.

• I am changing myselfe at the moment to attract woman. I'm loosing a lot of weight. And to be honest, I'm not doing it to get helthier or so, thats a nice to have side effect, but to be more attractive to woman, cause I was sick of beeing the overweight one without feelings.