Is kik cheating?

My boyfriend has kik and I'm not stupid I know what it's for. He attempts to hide it from me but not very well. He was at my house and his phone went off and it was a person on kik then he turned his wifi off so he would get anymore. Then another time I was putting in our new wifi password and he got a message from kik while the phone was in my hand but I didn't say anything. It really bothers me and I don't know what to do or if I should even be worried about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have kik. i use to to talk to friends... that's it. so kik is not some haven for cheaters

now if your boyfriend is misbehaving that's on him... cheating is simple. cheating is doing something that you know your partner is not ok with in regards to interactions with other people of the sex you are attracted to.

kik and chatting isn't in itself cheating
    but the type of conversation and interaction may be cheating

Most Helpful Girl

• Time to Talk Turkey to your bird in hand, @Wonder_Woman544, it is Not 'Kik cheating,' it is your so-called Honey Bunny who is this Cheat Sheet.
    If he is trying to hide someone special on there, he is Not ready Nor raring to be in a Real Relationship with you and is thinking he can have his Sweet cake and eat it Two. Open up this smelly can of worms.
    Listen to this Wise ol owl and sit him down today and have it out with him in a Subtle way. This will Definitely lead to More in Store, where he ends up Meeting and Greeting the Girl or Girls behind the Computer Curtain.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for your own Vote of Confidence, sweetie. xxoo

What Guys Said 15

• I think you may have kik confused for tinder. Kik is nothing more than a text messaging/instant messaging app. People use it to keep in touch with their friends. I use it to keep in touch with members of a therapy group I'm in as well as a motorcycle riding group. If you think kik means anything more than that you're being paranoid.

• Kik isn't just for sexting, you can use it just for texting, and I use it for that with some people.
    So no, having Kik isn't cheating.

• kik is just a regular messenger and the vast majority doesn't use it for cheating, sexting, nudes etc.
    So you shouldn't accuse him of anything if you don't have a proof just because he has a messenger installed.

But if he's hiding it then that's a bit sketchy of course

• Kik is pretty much the modern version of AIM, Yahoo Messenger, etc.

Tinder is the one that was created to be a "hookup site"

• there's something called emotional cheating i see women do a lot of.

insecure women are always looking for compliments and will flirt and invite men to flirt. its cheating.

this also allows her to have backup when it rains... its normal seen people do it all the time

• I have no idea what kik is. Never even heard of it.

• If he isn't open about it, it sounds a bit dodgy - I would ask him straight out about it.

• i dont think that he's cheating but you should check his messages on kik if you wanna make sure

• ... no she shouldn't.

• Possibly. But if he was telling the truth, why not just show to her that he is?

Almost all of my friends who have dumped a partner regretted it afterwards, regardless of circumstances. (Though one was very good at going from I love him to KILL THAT MOFO!! the moment they split. And he has had quite a few partners.)

This did seem a very black and white issue. And its now that im tired that im really thinking it through.
      Ugh.

Can i blame you? I really wanna blame you.

Either way, there are trust issues. So regret or not if she let this go there's a good chance there would only come up another issue where she finds a reason to doubt him and this whole thing starts over again. So i still think theyre better off apart.

• @BaileyisDarcy hmm your right, she should leave him if it bothers her that much and find someone else.

• kik isn't for cheating but him hiding it is all sketchy...

• It's time to be Sherlock Holmes :P

• Just because he has kik doesn't mean he's cheating no

• I have kik and I use it as a means of contact with this or that acquaintance. I also have whatsapp and a bunch of other options.

Kik isn't tinder you know. Kik is most commonly a way to stay anonymous whilst maintaining contact but not always that.

• Kik isn't an app for cheating; but I wonder if you were to ask him simply how was messaging him on Kik he would tell you. Because it sure seems like you've never asked.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• Kik is just a chat app. I have several friends who have no other means of contact. If I want to see or talk to them, in person, I have to kik them first to get their attention.

Now what was he trying to hide? That fact that he had the app, or a message he got on the app? If he's hiding online communications with other people, from you, that's a bad sign. Would you somehow feel any better if he were hiding a Facebook message from you? If a cheater wants to hide Facebook interaction, the other guilty party needs only to block you, then you literally won't even know she exists, in facebook. That's assuming she knows about you and was told to block you.

• Honestly kik is just another texting app that doesn't include getting a charge from people not within your country etc. So if he's acting shady, chances are he's doing something shady, you should tell him you know he has it, and you don't understand what its for. I have it, to talk to my mates back home but I barely use it because of iMessage now, its good to use if you don't want to use your roaming.. but thats about it.

• kik is not necessarily for anything sexual.
    if he is cheating, and if u are 17, then I'm sorry but dont b surprised because most guys have no idea what they're doing until they're like 20ish, if that.

• Yes he cheating.

• If he's going out of his way to hide it from you then something is probably up. If it walks like a duck and quacks like one too then...

• It's not for cheating, but yeah some dudes DO use it for that. I know firsthand about that.

• Its not kik thats cheating its if he's cheating on kik. If you get an instinct of him being up to no good then you have every right to check his phone.

• He's playing girls on kik.

• If you're concerned about it then ask him. Dont go snooping because if he catches you he will think you dont trust him then he will get mad. Best thing to do is just ask! I use kik a lot but not for sexting. I use it to text.. I dont think having kik is cheating.

• I dunno, it depends. Do you find anonymous sexting cheating?

Some people don't even find kissing cheating. Some find hugging cheating already. It all depends on what rules you want to establish. You can tell him you do not like it and from that point it would technically be cheating if he continued it.

I actually have kik for another reason by the way. I've had an eating disorder and chatted about extreme weightloss schedules with girls from pro ana sites.