If he cheated with me will he cheat on me? No hateful comments please?

The guy im seeing has been my best friend for almost 5 years, I've known him for maybe 7 years, and we've been sleeping together for 6 months. Towards the end of last year he started spending a lot more time around me i knew he was in a relationship so i questioned him long story short he was unhappy and didn't wanna go home. one thing led to another. I know what happened was wrong on my part as well however i have started developing very strong feelings for him and he told me he wanted to be in a relationship with me. He has been with this girl for about 3 years and here's the thing... as i said we have been best friends he tells me everything he told me when he cheated on her before at least once if not more she kind of just moved herself in his house with out being asked (according to him) and he never knew how to tell her to leave. Every time she tries to have sex with him or spend time with him he purposely starts a fight with her. She cheats on him quite often. I was also friends with his ex girlfriend he never cheated on her but she did a lot of messed up stuff to him. His ex before that I've met and says he never cheated that she knows of before that i didn't know him so I don't know. he's always been very open and honest with me right up to the point where i was shopping with him when he bought her a promise ring for vday. Which threw me for a loop. He said he bought it to reciprocate a gift she had given him but a promis ring? I talk to him on a daily basis all day everyday like we always have she doesn't speak to him at times for a few days though they live in the same house. He says he hasn't broke up with her because he's afraid to be alone and that didn't put my mind at ease how do i know he wouldn't do the same to me? What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You loose them how you got them.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he is in a relationship, you dont want to ruin tht for him. Nor do you want to get involved in a relationship with so many moving pieces. My question is can you be friends? And if he's suggested being friends.. then how do you know you're not just an option. I suggest you stay friends. And maybe eventually close friends. But nothing more than professional endearing friends who can confide in one another and bounce ideas off aswell. Dont get romantically involved. Rebuild yourself. show you can build a friendship.

What Guys Said 5

• Once a cheater, always a cheater.
    A person who is a cheater is a great person to have open relationship but they are just incapable of being in a long term monogamous relation

• Yes, there is a good chance he will do that to you also.

• history tends to repeat... you better be on point to avoid that but the chances are slim.

• Possibly

• Yepp, he's very, very likely to cheat

What Girls Said 3

• I honestly think you are wasting your time here. Once a cheater always a cheater. The fact that he says he does not want to be alone therefore he has not broken up with his girlfriend yet is a big red flag. He was probably feeling alone with his current girlfriend and used you because he felt alone. He will do the same with you. I don't think he wants to be in a relationship with you, I just think he wants you as a back up.

• This guy is not worth it. He's basically living a double life and keeps making up excuses for everything. Clearly not boyfriend material. If he's unhappy in his current relationship, he should have the guts to end it. Especially knowing you're right there. But he doesn't. He's being selfish, he's lying, acting shady, living a double life, having his cake and eating it too. Don't even bother with this guy.

• The chance are high.