Would it be a bad idea to ask this girl I have a crush on to get lunch or dinner with me?

I met her in the ballroom dancing club at my college about a month ago through a mutual friend and I've kinda developed a crush on her. We don't really see each other aside from during the club meetings, except for one time where I ran into her and my friend and we got dinner together. She seemed sort of interested in me then and she'll usually try to dance with me a couple times. I want to get to know her better but at the same time I'm really enjoying ballroom and don't want to make it awkward if she says no, so I really don't know want to do...

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should do it! Sounds like your club has a good number of people, and it's not like you'll be forced to interact with her even if she says no. It can be something totally causal at first if you want. I don't know what time your club meets, but maybe just be like "hey, would you maybe want to get dinner before ballroom on _______?" (be specific).

• No. Why would it be a bad idea?

What Guys Said 1

• Ask her to join you and a couple of friends for dinner. The situation does not get as awkward if she rejects a group date invitation, but if she accepts, you will get to spend some time with her and, by the end of dinner, you'll know if she digs you.