Is being a gentleman not a enough?

I've noticed with most couples that the girls choose mostly douche bags (no offense to those of you who are). Now I'm a gentlemen, I hold doors open and all that other stuff but I do have that exciting side. However, I have no girlfriend... or any girls who approach me to flirt.

I'm intelligent, funny, generous, etc. so do I really have to be a douche bag to get noticed?

What Girls Said 1

• To attact the kind of girl you want to be in a long-term relationship with, then keep being a nice guy. Girls that go for that jerky kind of guy are usually immature, shallow, or have low self-esteem. Keep being nice, and you will find a girl who likes you for you, and you don't have to pretend to be someone else. I dated my share of donkeys before I found my husband, and he is a genuinely nice guy. I was 21 when we started dating, and he was 23, so it took quite a few flops for each of us before we found each other. Good luck, and please don't stop respecting women! :)

What Guys Said 1

• No, but you do need to have some element of confidence and presence. It's one thing to open a door because it's convenient, it's another to make yourself out to be a doormat and therefore almost stupid looking to hold the door for someone 30 feet behind you unless they're old or something.

Same with most other courtesies; there's a difference between being "a gentlemen" and being "a socially awkward but really kind of nice idiot".