Should I Write a Letter to my Best Guy Friend or Not?

It's my freshman year of college and I have made some amazing friends in the dorms this year. One of my best friends and I have a connection and have talked about how well we would go together in a relationship, but this year, the timing was always off. I would be dating someone, then he would be dating someone, and it just never worked where we could be together. But we have talked about how we know someday we'll get together.

So, I wanted to write a letter to all of the friends I've made in the dorms, including him, to give them at the last day of school. I wrote to him saying how I've enjoyed the fun we've had and how I'm glad to have met him, and that if in August the timing is right, I'll make him dinner at my apartment. I thought this was a good way to put the ball in his court to initiate in August if we are both available, but does this seem too forward? We are already friends and have an understanding of our compatibility, but I don't want him to lose interest because I come on too strong.

What are your thoughts? Thank you for any advice!

What Guys Said 2

• Okay, are you stupid?
    How hard is it to just not date someone, and just wait for him?

If I knew my crush/female friend thought we'd "go together in a relationship" I'd get right on that shit.

• Go for it... If you don't maybe not much will become of your relationship... Nothing wrong with making the first move..

What Girls Said 1

• If you're already friends, then no it's not too forward at all and no, you do not come on too strong.