My boyfriend threatened to kill himself?

I tried to break up with my boyfriend in the field. I never knew he would react this way: he wants to kill himself and says he wants to be run over by the Bradley. What should I do? I am so scared because I don't want him dead, he's a soldier and the training is dangerous there! I don't know if he was being serious?

Most Helpful Girl

• Although it is possible that he meant what he said, threatening suicide is often a tactic used to stay in a relationship. A lot of people do it as a form of manipulation, and some do it out of fear of being alone. Either he can't live without you, he is suicidal, or he is controlling. That is up to you to decide, because I do not know him. You might want to run these questions through your head:
    Is he depressed? How long have you been dating? Is he ever violent or commanding? How strong is your love?
    You'll have to use your judgment for this one. There are too many personality/emotional factors that play into it.

• I am not sure whether he is depressed or not. He has grown quiet over time, and I've given him space. I did the wrong thing, because he needed me more than ever to support him. Because of my distance and because I tried to break up with him (because I suspected him of cheating on me as his dating profile is still up) , he has been miserable and can't concentrate on work. We have been in a LDR for 6 months, and it was the happiest time I have experienced. He says he is so in love with me, and the deepest he has ever been in. Our love is pretty strong and intensive, up until the breakup. He says I always hurt and neglect him because I am busy with work and I never prioritize him.

• To put this straight, I think you are over-analyzing the situation. It's time for some honest reflection. Good luck.

• Thank you for MHO

What Guys Said 5

• Tell him to knock himself out and get after it. This is showing his true colors. It's nothing but a manipulation tactic and you fell for it. You are not responsible for another actions including suicide. Dump this manipulative controlling jerk

• I've tried to break up with him because I thought he was cheating on me. But then, I didn't. He told me the complete truth. And he told me he wants to be run over by the tank. I was devastated that he told the truth. Even if he manipulated me to get him to stay, I still love him and I want to stay now. He is never this violent and controlling. He does demand a lot of my attention at times.

• Well honey that's controlling. You're a fool

• People that manipulate and demand attention are evil. He might not have done it before but he's always had it in him and he's doing it now. Since you fell for his manipulation you can now expect more of it in ever increasing ways. What do you think of him now?

• Well, he is trying to manipulate you into doing something you don't want to do. I mean he is trying to forcibly make you stay with him by playing this mind game, a very cheap mind game.

• Many guys say that when breaking up with there girl. Time heals but keep an eyes on him and maybe even befriend him

• So... He's going to kill himself if you break up with him?

• never get involved with soldiers they are crazy idiots

• What makes you say that? And why do all of them get married so young?

What Girls Said 6

• Its called emotional abuse. He's just saying it to guilt trip you into staying with him. Its controlling.

Besides, if he actually did mean it, would you want to stay with someone that's that emotionally unstable? How do u know next time he won't threaten to kill you?

Get away fast, take the Bradley with you.

• Call the police and wash your hands of the situation.

• I don't think the police would help. I think calling the base to notify what is going on might help him.

• Call the police. Tell them where he is. Let them deal with it.

• I had no idea you were responsible for another human being other than yourself. If you want to break up with him you break up with him

• Leave him

• I breakup with a guy and he tell me the same things. He really tried to kill himself and his friend call me to help him. I think he would really doing it, you don't threat to kill yourself without thinking of it

• Your boyfriend is trying to manipulate you.

• Manipulating me into what?

• To stay with him.