Has anybody had any luck staying in a long term relationship with someone who is 10 years older/younger than you?

I'm dating a much younger girl who wants to get more serious. We met at a gym (I didn't realize she was so young but legal of course :) ) and we started talking. I want to take things slower (for both our sakes). She was very unsure about me at first but when she got to know me (hard working, athletic, charitable guy i. e volunteering) she started to like me a lot. She is NOT a freeloader. She has cooked me dinner and offers to pay for meals. I make decent money but I have never gotten the vibe that she was after that. I never talk about my salary. I have met PLENTY of freeloaders in the past and she is definitely not one of them. She is also VERY into me physically. We have been on four dates and fooled around a bit (no home base yet). However she keeps telling me she is looking forward to the grand finale.

I'm really struggling with this because she really is beautiful, smart, funny and independent. However she is also falling for me very quickly. She hinted around about us "being exclusive" on our last date. I laughed, kidded a bit and change the subject. I certainly don't consider her a "pump and dump" but I'm not going to lead her on either. However I've learned (from hard experiences) that fools rush in. I have dated multiple girls in their late 20s and older. Some of the girls were cool, but some weren't. However there was always some major problem (incapitible personalities, one person isn't attracted to other that much, emotional baggage, etc). So far there has been none of that with this young girl.

Should I just say F*CK other peoples moral judgement and continue on with this chic?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• The stigma against dating much older or younger than yourself may exist in the US, but it does not exist in other countries. My Russian friend, for example, explained age is not a factor for in Russia when it comes to dating, and accordingly, she's been together for over 2 years with her boyfriend who's 10 or 11 years older than she is. So absolutely ignore those who judge and do what works for you. Take it one day at a time, but I see no reason to leave this girl from what you've written about her.

• this girl was born and raised in China. She moved to the USA 3 years ago. In her culture and older man dating an younger women is sign of success.

• an older man dating an younger woman...

• See, there you go. No problem at all. 🙂 Just be happy that you found someone.

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents have a 10 year difference and they are doing well. As far as how it effects kids I haven't ever noticed anything.

• I should note that nobody cares that they are 10 years apart. If they do, they do a good job of hiding it.

What Girls Said 1

• If you can't think of a good enough reason NOT to then... why not?

What Guys Said 2

• The woman I'm currently dating is 16 years older than me. I'll just have to wait and see if it lasts longer. Yeah do what you want. Don't care about what other people think. They're not the ones who are in your shoes.

• The girl I started dating is 15 years younger. She is falling hard for me, fast. I really like her too. She fun, smart and of course... extremely beautiful. However its not smart to rush in.

• No but wish to