How long to wait to text and be hard to get?

My ex gave me his new number. I do want to talk to him but I also want to be hard to get. Also how long do I keep putting off a date by saying I am busy? (He can't have me that easy... he needs to work a little to appreciate and want me more... just trust me on that.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Mhmm I'd be careful with the hard-to-get game if I were you. It is much easier for guys to find alternatives nowadays with the advent of things like Tinder. The moment he senses he is not getting anywhere, he WILL move on. This is especially the case if he is attractive.

Case in point: a girl tried to play hard to get with me by scheduling a coffee date ONE MONTH in advance. Of course I forgot about it because... well... and now she is furious with me that I forgot. Of course this is all on her, and I have packed my bags because I'm not going to put with drama when I am not even in a relationship with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do not play games. I doubt he will appreciate that.

What Guys Said 5

• simple advice from a guy... don't play hard to get. i'm not interested a girl who plays that game and if it seems like she's waiting to contact just to wait it makes me feel like clearly the relationship isn't important to her

if you have to play games to get what you want in a relationship then it's not a relationship you should be in

• About 3 days or more

• 3 days to text for the first time or to keep putting off a date?

• Thank you

• You're very welcome

• at your age, guys aren't going to put up with childish waiting games. playing hard to get makes you hard to get along with and hard to respect. better just to be honest.

• I'd be gone. off to someone else.

• If you play the hard to get game, he'll lose interest and find someone else. That's what I'd do.

What Girls Said 0