Did he just tell me he loves me?

So, the guy I've been dating said something along the lines of "I love this, but not as much as I love you". Seems like a weird way to tell someone you love them for the first time, but do you think he meant it?

He also told me he loved me once when he was really drunk but I sort of just discounted that completely.

What Guys Said 1

• yeah i think he meant that otherwise he wouldn't say that.

What Girls Said 2

• I feel this Way, which is far from a 'Weird way... As long as he says it and I am sure it will not be the Last time down the Love Line, he Means it as Well, I can Tell.
    He may have found it Awkward to tell you, thinking maybe you would Not say it so he went about it this Special 'Way,' which I find touching in a Big... Way.
    Good luck. xx

• I think he was just testing the waters.. yes this is indicative of him having strong feelings for you, but I wouldn't count this as the first time he said it.