I told him no sex for a while, could this work?

Hi.

So, I'm dating someone and I use dsting loosely because we haven't actually went on a proper date, but we have established the fact that we are only interested in each other we are not "seeing" other people. Anyway, I brought up the fact that I want to go on "dates" and he stated its been tough because I've been out of town a lot and I a
procedure so I couldn't get out much. BUT we have had sex multiple times. I told him I felt if we kept it up that we would end up having a sexual relationship only and he seemed to agreed and we decided to cool it on the sex. So, I was wondering if it's too late to turn this ship around. Since we've already comfortable around each Other in that aspect could this help or hurt us? Maybe we will find out with out sex we don't have much. I don't think that's case because we have good conversations and communication, which is why it was easy to bring this up. But I wouldn't be surprised.

But in situations where you have sex too soon is difficult to turn things around?

Most Helpful Guy

• it can be hard to come back from and sort of really establish the platonic aspect of the relationship. I think you just have to make it clear that you want a relationship and then work on that, which means doing those gf/bf things.

i don't think you need to necessarily stop having sex though just make sure that you work equally or even harder on your emotional connection and platonic relationship as you do on the physical aspect of the relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• You are already not seeing other people and already started having sex. I am in the same situation, but we haven't had the "talk" yet. However, when you first start having sex with someone it is fun and its all you want to do, I say go for that, don't fight it. If you want him to take you out on dates now, he can still do that and you can still have sex. It is not just sex if you aren't seeing other people and are spending time together outside of the bedroom, so if you are on the same page, which it seems you are, there is nothing wrong with it.

• Well he also mentioned he felt all I wanted to do was have sex and that's not the case. I thought maybe if we stop for a while and just hang out it would help.

• Yeah, but I feel that is normal at first. It is all I want to do too, but if he left immediately after or something like that, THAT is when it would bother me. You should have that "can't keep your hands off of each other" phase, it is fun and exciting. What matters is what happens outside of that, and what kind of emotional and intellectual connection you have as well.

What Guys Said 3

• Come on

• Deal breaker for me.

• If you cut him off, he could find someone else.

• Well then that's just what he will do then and that mean he isn't worth my time.

• If I was the guy, I wouldn't think you would be worth MY time.

• @cooldude25 I don't really give a shit. Lol

What Girls Said 0