If your girlfriend told you she was sexually assaulted as a child by a family member would it gross you out? How would you feel about it and her?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd let her know that I too know about that stuff. So we will take everything slowly. I'll try to make her feel safe, and do less overly sexually things with her so no memories will trigger. I'll also teach her a lot of stuff much like philosophy stuff cause some times life can be depressing but those did you knows can be fun. Something to get her thinking. I will not be grossed out. Cause I know how it feels and 100% what there going through.

Most Helpful Girl

• NO! it would not gross me out at all. In fact i would try to understand the situation be as sympathetic and caring as i could possibly be. It's not easy for someone to go through that ordeal. And it's not something that anyone should be grossed out from. Actually if someone is grossed out by that ordeal then they're probably not even mature yet. And not worth the time of day sweetheart!

What Guys Said 17

• Honestly, it seems like anyone assaulted like that becomes "damaged" for life and can never have a normal sex life as an adult. I would honestly avoid someone like that because it I am not interested in "walking on egg shells sexually" with her to make sure I don't accidentally trigger bad memories. I would always be worried that she sees sex as a bad thing and therefore could not enjoy it. This would obviously be a deal breaker for a relationship. I know not everyone is "damaged", but a lot do seem to have lingering issues and are more sensitive to sexual situations.

• Be appreciative of that fact that she trusts me enough to open up to me and feel more protective over her. Nothing bad of course...

• I wouldn't think any less of her since it was not her fault at all and I'd probably be so mad that I'd kill that guy if he wasn't already in jail

• Give her a big hug and tell her it's alright. It's not your fault

• I would feel protective of her

• I would feel sympathetic for her and try and do what I can to help her with any emotional damage. I would try and make her feel safe.

• I'd be a little bit cautious on the topic of "sex" for starters for two I would probably be hesitant to be close to her without verbal clear minded confirmation.

• No reason to get grossed out

• It wouldn't gross me out and i would feel bad for her and if she was still struggling with it id help her as best as i could, id also tell her about the time my dad molest me when i was young, which in fact happened, used to wake up at nights screaming no daddy dont touch me there.

• I'd let her know that we can wait to be intimate for as long as she needs, I'd feel sad for her and angry that someone could do that.
    I might ask her if she wanted to kill them and bury them in maines great north woods where they won't be found.

• I would feel sad but i wouldn't allow something like that to ruin a relationship.

• It would make me really sad for the girl she was.

• that's 33% of females out there.

• i'd be pissed.

• Wouldn't gross me out. Not her fault.

• I would feel that she has some issues that we will have to deal with and that she should start seeing a theripost. Or maybe that the two of us should see one together to help with some of her bigger issues that will inevitably come up.

• Gross me out? No. But i have bad childhood experiences and i can't live with such a close reminder every day. I'm not ready to even tell a girlfriend about it tbh.

What Girls Said 4

• No one should get grossed out. Thats a bery supportive thing, and the boyfriend should be there to love and support. If that happened to you, I'm so sorry, no one deserves to go through that.

• AH SORRY! Words got messed up. I mean thats a very SERIOUS thing, and the boyfriend should be there to love and support.

• I was molested for years as a child and by three different men in my teens. When I met my now fiance, I told him when we were talking one day about our pasts. He wasn't grossed out. He just sat there and listened, and after he held me and said he'd never let anything like that happen again. He was protective of me before knowing and after even more so after but I'm glad I told him. It's best to tell him honestly. If you're like me, sometimes you panic during sex or just have days where physical contact is just a little too much to handle. It's better to tell him so he knows and understands the situation and doesn't think it's because of him. He won't be grossed out if he really cares about you.

• Don't share it if he doesn't want to know.
    What's in the past is in the past unless it will affect him/ (if you have disease for example) or unless he made it certain topics clear.

• No one should feel grossed out wtf? I was molested by two family members and I'm fine. I love sex and I love my boyfriend. He knows of the abuse. Not everyone is damaged if they are sexually abused. Some yes.