Does height matter to most women if you're muscular and strong?

I've heard that height matters to most women; well, that poses a problem, because I'm just 5'7, and there's no real way of changing my height (short of surgery). But, I am pretty muscular, like 180 lbs and 9% body fat, and I'm strong (I can deadlift about 495 lbs). Given that I can protect a woman, would height matter to her? I know women say they want height for protection, but I was wondering if my situation would validate that I could and overrule her height bias.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah height does still matter a bit.

• I'm sure it matters a little bit, but how important is it at this point?

Most Helpful Guy

• I really believe height plays a huge factor. I'm 6 feet at 205lbs and I'm naturally muscular due to my lifestyle, the way i grew up playing football and weight lifting at an early age, and tons of protein. More toned on my legs and arms over bulk. But you gotta have a really good looking face if you're not that tall. I have tons of girls checking me out and a couple crushing on me at school. I'm pretty sure it's my height and my build that attracts girls. But I've had so many girls tell me my eyes are really nice but that may be from having extreme facial expressions and being extremely emotional.

• My build is fine. You said height and build.

• Having nice legs and ass could be a deal breaker too. Maybe you got chicken legs? I'm fortunate enough to have naturally muscular legs and a nice ass. I've even gotten my ass grabbed on the bus multiple times. But maybe you should loosen up and be more relaxed in general. Girls focus on your eyes as well. Try being more genuine and friend like to girls over trying to court them and making it obvious you're into them. If you get friendzoned, move onto the next.

• Lol no, I don't have "chicken" anything. My thighs are like 24"-25" around.

What Girls Said 1

• not to me I take people as they are

What Guys Said 1

• It does man. I have a nice body, and I am attractive (not cocky just confident in my look) and I have been turned down a couple of times, because my height wasn't up to par. I don't let it get to me though, because I know their are women out there that would appreciate the man I am.