Will my boyfriend cheat on me?

Hi! My boyfriend is getting his full drivers licence soon and he has his own car which means he won't be walking 30 minutes to the station etc and getting around will be super easy for him. That means a bigger chance he will cheat on me :(
Im getting paranoid now and I don't know what to do cos before it would've been inconvenient eg if he wanted to go to some other girl's house but now that he will have a car.. There may be problems.
At the moment I know that he only calls me (and rarely calls female friends), we spend 4 consecutive days together a week (basically glued together during that time) and there have been no dodgy behaviour, he shows me his phone if he gets a text or email etc even when I don't ask. Should I be scared that he will have more freedom?

Most Helpful Guy

• No guarantee he isn't already. But getting a car won't be the reason he cheats if it ever does happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uuuh no. It will be fine. More freedom doesn't mean that he will be more unfaithful. If someone wants to cheat they will find a way, if they want to be faithful then they will. I think you will feel a lot better if you tell him how you feel (DON'T ask him if he's going to cheat on you or tell him you think he is going to cheat on you as this sheds blame on him where it makes no sense for there to be any). Tell him you have this weird fear that he will cheat because you know he'll have more chances to cheat once he can drive. Hopefully he can help ease your fears.

What Guys Said 5

• Give him space or this relationship will be a disaster if both of you are super clingy.

• No you shouldn't. As you described him, he seems like a decent guy. If he hasn't shown you any signs of unfaithfulness till now then you shouldn't be worried about him getting more freedom.

• No it means he will be doing donuts in the parking lot though

• I wouldn't worry about it. From what you said he sounds pretty reliable. If getting a car is too much freedom for him then you might wanna reconsider dating him in the first place.

• Car or no, if he wanted to cheat. He will

What Girls Said 13

• Nothing of what you said leads or suggests suspicious behavior on his behalf.
    This is all in your head, like completely. I think you should resolve your insecurities or you'll act unnecessarily paranoid and it will eventually surface and cause problems for you.

Based on what you wrote, he doesn't seem like he'd cheat.

• And if he wanted to cheat, he probably would have by now. I know dudes who'll hop on the bus to be with their side chicks.

A person will find a way to cheat if he really wanted to.
      Your boyfriend doesn't seem to want to. So relax :)

• *if s/he really wanted to

• People's circumstances and situations don't cause them to cheat. It all depends on the person. People cheat because they are weak, and can't gain control over their desires and emotions. They have no willpower and no self-control.

Even those in love can be attracted to other people , but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll cheat if given the opportunity.

You need to trust him until he gives you a valid reason not to. You can't make assumptions and start becoming paranoid. Your reasoning is unfair to him. It'll eventually push him away.

• I think you need to trust him more. Checking his texts and email? You sound more like his mother than his girlfriend. You sound really insecure and clingy. Give him some space and trust him because you're probably smothering him now.

• how the fuck can I know?

• No. he's not a dog. Just trust him a little bit.

• Wow. That's all I have to say.

• I don't know, I'm not a fortune teller.

• If he wanted to cheat he would regardless if he had a car or not. You sound super paranoid. Talk to him about your fears, he doesn't sound like the cheating type to me.

• If your worried about it this much I say there are some issues with trust already so maybe talk to him about it. I do hope it all works out for y'all! But work on the trust issue part

• All guys that age cheat

• How do you want us to know? You seriously sound paranoid and need to calm down.

• You need to give him some space and you need to learn how to trust him. But if a guy wants to cheat he will cheat with or without car.

• This is what I've Learned. No matter who it is, how old the guy is or what his personality type is. If a guy is going to cheat, then he's going to cheat. Nothing or no one can stop him.

As for your situation I wouldn't be worried if I were you. I think you should be happy for him.