My boyfriend says I tell him "I love you" too much?

I tell my boyfriend that I love him a few times a day, because you know, I just really love saying it to him. I love telling him "I love you". Because it's all true, I love him from the bottom of my heart. But then he suddenly told me that he wants me to only save saying it for special occasions, because it's getting repetitiveā€¦I don't know what this meansā€¦please help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Could mean he's not used to much affection or might be stressing about something else or distancing himself, or he could be a typical guy and be like al bundy on married with children. I myself would love hearing my girlfriend/wife say i love you many times, id even say it before her. Then again im not the typical guy lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• It means that he doesn't want you to keep telling him that. He thinks it's too special to be saying that every day.

What Guys Said 4

• I love you is something that is meant to be treasured and saying it over and over just makes one sound possessive.

• some feel such repetitive use takes away meaning. Like an old school dad who only said I love you when you you graduated lol, that would be a huge moment! That's an extreme example, but less use means when the person says it... They are really deeply feeling it when said. It's a moment, not just a passing affirmation. So when someone else says it so much, the person feels obligated to reciprocate, thus devaluing it and the moment they were looking for.

• It means the relationship is doomed. You don't want to be with a guy who is going to get annoyed by trivialities. Sorry, I don't thinks he's all that into you. If he were, he would be happy to hear it and happy to return it.

• I guess he's is right
    If you say this to him repetitively then the word will become common to him soon
    It's like drinking if you drink ocationally you will be exited before doing that but if you drink every day it'll seem like a normal day...

What Girls Said 0