Guys in their 20s: do you view teenage girls as children still?

I'm talking about late teens, like 17-19. Are they too young for you to take them seriously? I'm turning 19 this year, and have been talking to this guy who's 24. I do like him a bit but it's a shame about the wide age gap. It seems as though he finds me physically attractive (well I think he does), but I'm just not sure if he'd go for it or not, as he may not take me seriously and may view me as a kid.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do. I am 24 and work nights with many girls around your age. many are attractive physically I admit, but they often annoy me, or feel very inexperienced in life.

I have had very pretty girls your age make moves on em, one even flat out asked me out. While I find them attractive, I could never bring myself to consider them as dating...

I have always identified and got along better with older people though. I always call the teens 'kids' and I hang out with the thirty something year olds lol so maybe I am just an outsider here.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you are a child. You are 18, not even 19 and this guy is 24. He may be turning 25 soon so that is a huge age gap. Take it from someone who has dated older guys. I was very mature but what you want at 18 is different from what he wants at 24. And you are just finding yourself. You will be maturing and changing, the biggest growth some people make is between their 18-21 year old age. Go explor a little.

What Guys Said 13

• I don't. Teens are not children and it's a huge mistake to consider them so. I live to much among them to know what I'm talking about, kids don't do what I see teens doing. Just they have less overall experience, it's the only difference. 17-19 is old enough, who the fuck can really think that a person who can drive and vote is a kid?

• I'm sort of ambivalent about it. There was a girl on the checkout being served for alcohol the other day. She must have been 18 because physically, she looked really young to me. Aside from that, I tend to judge people individually, one can hardly say that 'older' people are mature, they're only more so in a superficial outward way, usually.

The problem also is societal expectations. In a more natural environment, where people are honest and not judged for being so, interactions with people from different ages and backgrounds would be more common, because much sense of 'difference' is socially derived. When you get down to the nitty gritty of it, we're all pretty much the same. But anyway, he may have a fear of coming off as creepy, while all the while liking you. I'm often careful where I lay my gaze. My intentions are usually quite good and natural, rather than solely carnal, but at the age of 30, one isn't always sure how one may be perceived :)

• I judge girls as individuals. I dated a girl this year who was 18, and she was great, very mature and serious about life. I know girls who are 27 and act like Kardashians, so it just depends on the person.

• 24/2=12+7=19

• age doesn't really matter as how souls are. or brains. Because a childish old guy could say you're a kid while a little kid like me who have brains most humans don't would say something different. (no offence) But i find adults more like a kid than a kid are. Childishness is just something that made someone shine. While maturity just shows how grown up your body is. Mature people are more likely to fail than childish peoples. don't take any of my words seriously. i just say this out of my thoughts and fun. Ofc my meaning are far meaningful than all this but i have no idea how to express myself. so i would be typing massive amount of words just to describe something that could be described within one word.

• It depends on the individual. Some teen girls are very mature and balanced individuals, others are complete airheads.

• no I don't. but of course there is a difference in maturity from person to person, so I wouldn't judge someone solely on their age

• Yeah, 99% of the time they are a nogo zone, even though some of them are incredibly attractive.

• I would judge her as an individual.

• Nope, because when you're 18. You're an adult.

• It depends on their level of maturity. If they act like adults and have that mindset, then no.

• I don't take any female seriously until she has proven she is capable of being treated like an adult.
    She has to show that she doesn't feel she is owed something for being female.
    Doesn't require special treatment simply for being female.
    Doesn't use emotions to manipulate, control, or get things.
    Doesn't expect or assume others should read their mind.
    Doesn't get angry or defensive when met with criticism.
    Takes responsibility for their own actions.

All these are things children do that women are generally known for doing.
    And aside from these women also use sex or her sexuality to manipulate, control, or get things. Which also shows a lack of maturity.

If you still do ANY of these things... you are no mature enough to be around long term. But being that you are young and attractive he may very likely enjoy some sort of physical short term things.

• As a 22 year old male, I feel like some are children yes. Some are mature though

What Girls Said 6

• They don't. Women do.

They see teens as some kind of fantasy (some are into older girls, of course), but putting a ring on us is different, most of them understand we're young and we want different things, so even if they see us with good eyes, it's difficult to have a true marriage... a long term relationship could work for 2 years maybe, but at the end, the age gap can't be hidden.

I think it depends on how mature are you, if he sees you going to parties, going with lots of guys and shit, he will think about you as a teen and not as a girlfriend. If you want him, prove him you can be with him in a serious way. Don't give too much tho, the more you give, the more secure about you they are, so don't him go "she's so in love with me, she'll never leave me", make him go "she's awesome and I can't lose her".

Good luck, and don't expect shit from people. It hurts less that way.

• Teens are not a 'fantasy.' I have freshmen and sophomore girls all over me, so if anything, they're the ones fantasizing lol. I've dated teen girls primarily because they're the ones beating my door down. I get tired of chasing around girls my age who believe they've outgrown college and guys their own age. It gets tiring trying to prove things to others all the time.

• In the eyes of the law, anyone under the age of majority is a child. Thus, if the age of majority is 21 in your country, you are a child at the age of 19. In a country where 18 is the age of majority, a 17 year old is a child.

• yup. I do.

• Girls mature earlier than guys, you should go for it. Tell him how you feel. Who knows, you might become his "one"

• Go for it girl. I liked 24 years old guy too and everything went fine. Do not view yourself as child you are not child anymore, you are young lady.

• yes, they are still child