I don't understand. What does this mean?

i've been talking to this guy for about a month now, first time we kissed he told me he liked me and i said it back, we've spent three nights together after nights out but we haven't had sex, only kissed. He was asking me to go on a date with him for the first two weeks after we spent the first night together and i said lets just take it slow and see how things go so we continued talking and then spent the next two nights together. The morning of the third night i said i wanted to go on a date before anything further happened and he just shut down and was really weird about it, wouldn't agree to it just changed the subject. He knew from the beginning that it wasn't like a just sex thing or anything.
After i left that morning i didn't hear from him for 4 days so i messaged him and it was just general chat and i went to sleep, then he drunk messaged me the same night saying what are you doing tomorrow night? then this morning he's said he has no memory of sending it and has just avoided it all together and hasn't asked me to do anything
I don't understand what's going on, why would he not wanna date me after asking so much when he knows soon as we start officially dating we can get more physical and stuff?

What Guys Said 1

• its highly possible that he lost interest in you, thats why he's not taking any action towards the date.

• well that's what i was thinking but then why ask me out when he was drunk? he didn't ask to come over that night so it wasn't a booty call. he must have been thinking he wanted to hang out with me? or does that mean something else?

• he was drunk so that message doesn't count that much.

What Girls Said 2

• It seems like he just wants a hook up and isn't interested in the stress, pressure or effort of a dating relationship.
    I wouldn't put any more effort into him.

• He's acting like that because you did a 180 on him. You just rejected his offer to go on a date and within a week you want to go on a date before anything else. You need to make up your minf... honestly.