Would you still date a girl who had double mastectomy (Please take time to read)?

Last year, just before my 20th birthday, I felt these small lumps at my breasts. I wasn't alarmed by that since I knew that I was (somehow) safe since my mother made me go on annual checkups since I was 16. It was then when they felt painful and sharp that I had them checked and they told me they found some cells which could be cancerous and malignant. In my age, I know it's hard to believe, I didn't even believe it myself until I went to 3 other doctors, who told me the same thing. They all told me a double mastectomy would be the safest choice. I agreed. And here I am, about to go under double mastectomy next week. I'm terrified of not finding someone who will not accept or love me, after all, who would want to date a girl with an ironing board and ugly scars on her chest instead of boobs?

Most Helpful Guy

• At your age it will be hard to find someone like that. Young guys are just getting into sex and relationships and that would likely be a bad thing to deal with, in their thinking. However, after you heal, plastic surgery to rid you of the scars and to give you "breasts" can do miracles. After that, you should have much better luck.
    Sorry this is happening to you at all, but especially at such a young age. People can be much more accepting at an older age.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't be silly. I am more than certain that there are people who would be more than thankful to be with you.

What Guys Said 3

• They can do a very nice reconstruction job, and should, considering your age. At the very least they should be able to save your nipples for later reconstruction.

• What's that?

• I wouldn't but that's because I'm a shallow piece of shit. However, I am very certain you'll find someone who'll love everything about you

What Girls Said 0