Why is it hypocritical?

Why is it hypocritical for someone who is not a virgin to want to date someone who is?

Is it because they are opposite?
For example, I am an introvert but I like to date extroverts.
Is this also hypocritical or is there another reason why?

Thank You

Most Helpful Guy

• Hypocrisy doesn't work that way. THIS is hypocrisy. "Men shouldn't hit women because violence in relationships is just wrong." and five minutes later "It's funny when a woman hits a man, he probably deserved it."
    Hypocrisy is the complete reversal of your stance on an issue.
    Preferences work differently.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really is:

The non-virgin thinks it's fine to sleep around and have his or her fun, but looks down on dating those who have done the exact same thing. That is the hypocritical part, "Do as I say, not as I do."

You're not hypocritical for desiring extroverts. Personality types aren't a choice, usually. Introverts and extroverts make a good balance.

What Guys Said 3

• Your dating preferences and whether or not you are hypocritical aren't mutually exclusive. So in your example, a person who is introverted who only would date an extrovert is exercising a hypocritical preference. Likewise, it's hypocritical to not date non virgins while expecting virgins to date you as a non virgin yourself. But its also a preference none the less.

• Everyone is a hypocrite about something

• It's not

What Girls Said 3

• Because there's no reason for someone to prefer a virgin other than being insecure and sexist.

• When it comes to choosing with whom you want to be romantically/sexually involved, you can discriminate as you please.

• A non-virgin can want to date a virgin, but the catch is whether the virgin will want to date him or her back. As a virgin myself who is waiting until marriage for sex, I wanted a guy with the same views, and I found eventually him. So, I never see dating preferences as hypocritical, but rather that some preferences can limit your dating pool.