My boyfriend is constantly liking pictures of the same girls on social media?

Just a background of my relationship -- My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years now and we're both in our late 20's.

My boyfriend constantly likes the girls pictures on Instagram, which is okay to me if they're his friends; however, he's constantly liking the same girl's (maybe 4 or 5) pictures who he doesn't follow, which means that he has to type in their username to go to their page and a lot of them don't have a strong following, just girls he finds attractive. I know that he's not sending them direct messages, but I still feel a little uncomfortable with him constantly going on these girls' pages (who he's not friends with) and liking these girls pictures. I haven't approached him regarding this yet, but I don't know if I should. I'm a very confident person too, but this makes me feel uncomfortable. Am I making this situation into a big deal? if not, should i say something to him? Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Now this is a bit of a complicated question. Us men are generally visual creatures. But it seems like to me its a harmless fantasy for now.

If it is affecting your relationship or you feel that its something that you don't like though why not sit down and talk to him about it? Don't be accusatory, just mention that you noticed he does this and it makes you feel uncomfortable and would he please stop. You can't stop him from doing it, but if he respects your feelings perhaps he will agree.

There is another route to this though that can be considered. I'm assuming you look at the pictures of the women as well as to how you noticed it. But perhaps make it thing to try and do it with him, turn something negative into a bonding thing. If you are into it, talk to him about it and say it makes you feel uncomfortable if he does it alone but perhaps it can be something you can do together? Laying in bed in the evening, find pictures y'all like and share them with one another. Talk about them and give your opinions on why they might be attractive. Who knows perhaps it will bring you closer and help you gain some insight into his mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not making it into a big deal, it's normal to feel uncomfortable about the subject. If you tell him directly about how you feel, he will either understand and explain himself, or he will think you're insecure for going through that time to figure out he's out liking those girls' pictures (who he doesn't follow). If someone is in a relationship, they need to know that even on social media they should respect it! The only advice I can give you is communicate with him, and mention the females he keeps looking up. It's weird he does have to search them up in order to like their pictures. If they were friends, why not just follow them, right? I wish you the best!! :)

What Guys Said 4

• Well if he is only looking at their pictures, then it's possible that he appreciates their beauty, he finds them physically attractive ( not trying to compare with you) but just saying, the good thing is he is not keeping any contact with them so you need not worry about anything.

It's just that he might be fantasizing about them ( visualizing), harmlessly I mean. However yes I can understand it makes you uncomfortable and you are right to feel uncomfortable.

Yes, of course you should approach and tell him how it makes you feel, I don't know why you haven't done that till now, you should do it.

• If a girl did that I would be upset. However, all guys fantasize about other girls. It's near impossible to avoid that in our hypersexual world. Sex is all over the internet, television, adverts, etc.. not to mention girls dress themselves up sexy. The important thing is that a man/woman can positively accept their sexual thoughts and not feel guilty or bad about them. Our sexual thoughts should be turned into positive energy that we can redirect into a positive mood and also towards our partners. It's okay to ask your boyfriend if other girls are sexy, and you shouldn't get angry with him. If a guy or girl loses control of their own urges/fantasies they cheat. If you cheat you are a scumbag in my opinion.

• This is why social media is a plague on this generation... celebrity mentality. Social media is just a big circle jerk, people stroking each other's egos to make themselves feel important.

• "but I don't know if I should"

You definitely should - if I had a girlfriend and she would constantly like pictures of the same guys, I would go bonkers

What Girls Said 4

• Dump him

• What i have learnt in relationships is talking about it! If you don't then it's going to eat you up and you'll end up snapping at him about it. Guys aren't mind readers and don't understand us females. You need to approach him on it and tell him how it makes you feel.

• you should tell him you're uncomfortable with this, I will be jealous too if my boyfriend like that

• thats so wrong imho and if it was my boyfriend he would be dumped