Does this guy like me or not? (mixed signals) please help?

Last week, this guy (we'll say his name is A) wanted to hang out with me and a friend. A always tries to talk to me in class and sits by me and smiles like a weirdo. So, A hung out with me and my friend and even offered me a ride home, but I declined. Me and A always tease each other in class. A also jokingly admitted to liking me at the friends house. This other guy B who is best friends with A asked me out last Saturday and I said yes (thinking A was gonna be there) nope A wasn't there! Guy B is creepy, stares at me, follows me, doesn't really talk. I told guy A on Monday when he asked about it, how creepy guy B was, and I don't like him at all and all the shit that went down and Guy A was in shock. The next day guy A and B were talking and walking ahead of me. Guy A said he asked Guy B about it and he said he screamed shut up at him and was being a jerk. We talked the whole class period the day before (guy A and me), and he was talking about something with a girlfriend but then looked at me and all of a sudden said "but thats IF i had a girlfriend which I don't" and looked nervous. He replies with one word responses in text messages but talks your ear off in person. Today we kinda talked, and I overheard him saying about a girl who wasn't named hasn't really messaged him much since he got grounded last week and thats why he's upset. That can't possibly be me because I've been trying to text him. Why is he acting like this? Or flirting with me if he has a girlfriend? I don't know if he does or not but I don't know how to ask either

He also said are you sure you and guy B will never go out? I said I really don't like that guy and he's like oh ok.. im so confused

What Guys Said 1

• Highschool relationships complicated, be patient and don't get attached without knowing anything for sure:

What Girls Said 1

• I think that right now he is interested in someone else since he was talking about her not messaging him to his friend.