What stage in a relation are you officially a boyfriend/girlfriend?

We told each other we like each other, but we don't have time to date. We do talk everyday online and some days in person, even about a relationship in the future. Is she my girlfriend? What stage in a relationship does "boyfriend/girlfriend" start at?

Most Helpful Girl

• When you both agree that you are exclusive with each other and would like to take things a step further (more serious). You have spoken about a 'relationship in the future', therefore you are not there yet nor in the near time... Maybe after many more dates and probably once hooking up, maybe that will seal the deal or you both have a talk about your status. But for now, you all are just crushing on each other.

The moment you're in a relationship is the moment either one of you bring up the topic and both of you make it official. That's when you're in a relationship ;)

What Girls Said 13

• I didn't consider my current boyfriend as being my official 'boyfriend' until we straight up discussed whether or not we'll be in a relationship, and are willing to take on any responsibilities that may entail.

• I wouldn't say you're a couple because you're not dating. You just like each other, it's like when I was younger I wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend however we both liked each other, talked etc. It really starts when you have the conversation.

• When one officially asks the other to be their boyfriend or girlfriend and the other says yes.

• STAGE! piff grow up!

• whenever you start that conversation and discuss what you want from the relationship you are developing

• We have already discussed this. She didn't really know what she wanted from a relationship with me, she just said she wanted to be in one.

• Really?

• yes really. A relationship takes time and effort everyday so if you can't even find the time to go on a date once a week or so then you definitely can't be in a relationship

• When you have a conversation about it and you both decide you are boyfriend and girlfriend and want to be in a committed relationship. Generally dating comes before a relationship but if you guys are good friends and have talked about it for the future than there's a chance you'll skip straight to boyfriend and girlfriend but you definitely aren't there yet.

• Your talking baby talk. A relationship of going boyfriend and girlfriend can only be when the couple sees each other routinely, they do make every effort to do so and do not wish to be with any other person of the opposite sex.
    I would include having sexual relations that is optional in this teenybopper era

• When you see each other regularly talk everyday (or every second day), met the families and have consistent dates/sex

• when you ask her and she excepts its official because there is a commitment.
    for the others who read it could be her that asks and he excepts.

• for me at the first time that you told each other that you like each other, is considered as bf/gf already. but you can ask after that, just for clarification

• When you ask her to be your boyfriend and she says yes

• at the first kiss

• I wouldn't say it's official yet

What Guys Said 7

• To me when you become exclusive

• Relationships, dating, marriage etc. doesn't have any actual rules or numbers that define how they should go. You can't quantify love at all. People have dated for a week, got married and stayed together for 50 years. While others dated for several years, got married and divorced only after a few months.
    It's always up to you and your partner what stage you are in or what you are ready for.

• When you reach the "deep friendship" rock. That is considered going steady. You two confide in and trust each other.

Initial Attraction--just met
    Friendship-have things in common
    Close Friendship--dating
    Deep Friendship-going steady
    Lifelong Love--marriage

• When you are exclusively together, not pursuing anyone else romantically.

• When you jointly decide and express exclusivity.

• Uhm, when you ask her to be your girlfriend?

• When you have oral.