Am I Creepy? How bad am I?

I've just started talking to this guy recently and I kind of think I went to far. I requested to follow him on Instagram (found through a mutual friend), I DMed him, and I texted him (he didn't give me his number, it was given to me by a mutual friend). He hasn't acted on any of the things I've done. No texts, no DM, and he hasn't done anything about the follow request. I think I went way to far. If I did, can I fix it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you could've asked him first or tried to find a real excuse to add him on your social media.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I don't think your friend should have given you that guy's number without asking him first. I would imagine for that guy it would be strange that someone he never gave his contact to is able to contact him so maybe he decided to ignore.
    Good luck

What Guys Said 5

• If you know him IRL I think you should befriend him first. He might have found it weird if he doesn't know you.

• I don't think it matters. Next time ask the person and not the friend.

• Social media is for stalking people. No reply means he inst interested x

• Creepy/stalkish girls are the best <3
    A girl added me on Skype then on my FB then asked my number i was all cool about it

• Yeah when you message a person several different ways without them responding once that screams creepiness

What Girls Said 1

• yes this is creepy. Stop trying to get him to answer and just let him have time. There is no way he doesn't know you want to chat so if he doesn't reply he just doesn't want to talk