Is it no surprise that a guy like me likes the "good girl" (my girlfriend)?

i've had a rough past. family problems, self mutilation, drug addictions, criminal records. i'm covered in tattoos. i hate the term but i'm a "bad boy". that is the first thing people, especially girls, think of me but thank god he made me handsome and charming haha. my upbringing molded me into this person so now it is part of who i am, its not a shell or defense mechanism anymore.

deep down i am very sensitive, i can cry when listening to a song or hearing or reading something emotional but i never show it. i've lost girls i loved because i had such a fear of showing them that other part of me, even when they knew it was there they just wanted to see it.

i used to love the "bad girl", my 'counterpart'. even though i have matured IMMENSELY in the past year especially, i still can get wild. i dont need a girl to encourage me to take more shots, i need a girl to tell me enough is enough.. you have work tomorrow, or something like that.

i love the good girls the total sweetheats who will love me unconditionally. the girl i've been seeing for some time is just like that, and knew who i was before we started dating and said she was only attracted to my looks at first.

but she still does not understand still why i am in love with her. she says "look i know who you've been with in the past there is pattern, and i know your past, and i know who you are very deeply. so how am i your type? we are complete opposites". i reassure her i love her and need a girl just like her to keep me grounded. i tell her, take a look at my REAL best friends and i mean my BEST BEST friends.. are they anything like me? no. because i need people like that in my life to balance me out.

i'm not a bad person, but i am a sterotypical bad boy if you saw me. i can easily be described as an egotistical douche. she calms me down. she brings the good side out of me. lol i didn't tell her this, but me dating her is like mixing vodka with cranberry juice to not make it harsh.

Most Helpful Girl

• We are all good people inside. We have all just been through rough patches in life... some more than others, and therefore we build these "walls" around us that do not allow us to show our true hidden selves for fear that are hurt or abused again... It is human nature and we all do it.

Also, we all love good people. And we all love adventure and to have fun... However, some people have experienced this less than others; and the less you have experienced it, the more "goodie shoes" that you are... those who've seen more have a more "bad boy" or "bad girl" behaviour... But it is not that they are "bad", they are just more experienced.

Having that said, there is nothing wrong with wanting someone who grounds you and makes you a better person. We all need someone to balance us out and bring out our strengths or compliments us in the way we can't ourselves. That's why opposites attract. Your girl may not see it, but you also compliment her, because you push her past her boundaries and make her see things from a new perspective. Also, you bring her excitement and adventure, which she may not know or experienced if she is a very "goood" girl. Having that said, these are the best relationships once you both have the same values and goals in life. It can truly be a remarkable relationship and bring you the best of both worlds. Good luck and success in your relationship! ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls like a bad boy who has a soft side that only they get to see.

Similar to how guys often like the idea of a seemingly sweet and innoscent non-promiscuous girl who has a naughty side that only he gets to see.

People rarely get to settle down with a person who fits that ideal tho.

What Girls Said 3

• It's no surprise at all. However here in my community, it's the opposite-- girls being stereotyped as "bad" while guys as "good". Their relationships last for years and probably all couples here have unexplainable, swoon-worthy chemistry.

You knew what you wanted firsthand so that is a very concrete foundation of knowing yourself. That's good because you found the one you love.

• nO SUprise!

• Opposite attract and somtimes in relationships you need a balance to complete your not one who is like you to verify and solidify. Somtimes opposite are perfect together. The brightest stars shine brighter in the dark and nothing is more different then light and darkness.

What Guys Said 0