What is like dating when you are a tall woman or a short guy?

Taken for granted that there is nothing wrong for a woman to be in a relationship with a shorter guy, I can imagine it can be much more difficult to not bother the attentions from the others since of social culture, and it can also be more difficult to actually someone who's willing to date you when you're a very tall woman or a very short man.
I'm 4 8' ft tall, so it is not exactly a challenge finding a guy who's taller than me, but yesterday I saw a young couple made out of a below average guy (something like 5 7') and a very tall girl (something like 6 '3) and I thought that that was very cute, but I also thought that that girl must have had several dating problem during her life because of their height. Is it true?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well shorter men and taller women usually have a harder time dating. Most women want their men to be bigger, taller and stronger than themselves. If I remember correctly most women say they want to feel protected, small and stuff like that. + the heels. Don't forget the heels. They don't want to be taller than their significant others when in heels. But of course there are women out there that don't care about height.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah tell me about it. I've been rejected by a guy my height for "being to tall" and I'm 'only' 5'10".. But you gotta learn to live with what you got I guess and hey, even if my height might be a problem for some shallow ass guys it has opened some doors for me that shorter people can only dream of so it all balances out 🙂

What Guys Said 16

• Well, I'm six foot, three inches tall, and I've been rejected by every girl in my life. I do think short straight guys have a disadvantage-As well as tall straight women. However, I think this is a hyperbole.

What is it like to date as a tall woman, or a short guy? I have no idea. I'm a tall guy who has never dated.

• I like taller women but have only attracted shorter women so far... except one. I approached a gal 6" taller than me, I'm' 5'6 she was about 6'2... at a bar. She said she NEVER gets approached by guys.. any guys... she was too intimidating. I felt bad for her honestly as she was really attractive and in shape and I'd say craving male attention. She was divorced so she at least caught a guy:)

I've seen people mix size like that and I think it is fine. Too extreme seems odd.

• I'm 5'4" and I notice gals that are my height or taller tend to grab my attention. I'd be good with dating a gal to about 5'7" since she'd probably want to wear heels on occasion. At that height for the gal, I'd think I'd be able to "steal a kiss" when the feeling arose for me when dating / in a relationship.

I've also noticed that gals who are taller than I am tend to glance at me compareatively to gals that are shorter than I am. It works out looking at the above (statement).

Reading this when "the need arises" / when it comes to mind gives me hope as well. www.match.com/.../Too-Tall-To-Date

• As a short guy I never let it bother me so it's never been a problem. Of course my (lack of) height is probably off-putting to a lot of girls and I've had some negative comments, but I never had trouble finding girls who didn't mind it so I didn't care what they thought.

• I only met one taller chick than me but I was in like 9th grade and was like 5'10 or something but didn't stopped me from almost banging her lmao 6'3 now and still would go for chicks taller than that cos 1) Id freaking make Godzilla look small 2) Long legs are hottt OP

• Well I know that short men are generally overlooked by women, I'm not as aware of whether tall women are overlooked but I've been interested in plenty of taller women and I never really thought of them as being less great because of their height, maybe that's just me. To be honest, it's usually the really short women (like 5'3" and down) who I don't really ever seem to develop feelings for.

• I am a 17 year old boy, would you like my assistance in this matter?

• Grabs a chair and beer, sits back and relaxes, this should be good.

• I love tall women. I find them really attractive

• i'm 1,85 so i rarely date taller girls but once it happened, and it wasn't different than because of height, well the only difference was about bed and "positions" but kinda irrelevant.

• yes she did cause she's as tall or taller than me

• Tall girls can be total babes...

And they can reach the high cabinets in the kitchen (:

• U could actually estimate their height from 4'8? I am 5'11 and I can't tell beyond 6'3 and below 5'7

• You don't have a good lenght estimation ability then, that's all. There are other things with standards measurement, like doors, which are usually 6' 5, or tables, which are usually around 2'3. Those are all good terms comparison.

• Are you sure the girl was a girl?

• That's a huge difference and that's not nice. Tall laides look nice with tall men only. I wonder why was this girl with so shortie man.

• This is why I was wondering. A lot of people are just as blind as you. Why the hell do you judge 'em?

• What what did you just curse me? And why? :'(

• I surely wish I was able to, you moron.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• The same thing as normal.