Should I talk about my weight loss on a first date?

So I've been texting a guy for two weeks and we're off on a date this weekend. I come out of a longterm relationship (5 years) middle of last year, so dating is still quite new to me. I put on weight during those years and only recently started going to the gym more and eating properly in the last two months, and the weight is dropping off. I'm not a health buff, but I'm proud of how much I've lost so far. I'm tall, and still classed as overweight, but would this topic put a guy off? Would it be too much too soon? I enjoy showing people before and after pictures too sometimes.

Hi everyone, thanks a lot for your feedback!
I've read each response and I believe it'll be acceptable to mention my goal if the gym and weightloss subject springs up!

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone did that on a date and I was fine with it, it said she was serious and had a goal.

In general, I'd only talk about it in context of your goals.. e. g. I'm at the gym all the time working towards my goal and getting in shape for [a half marathon, or whatever]. I wouldn't say I'm 200lb and I want to be 160... it just doesn't matter... who cares unless he asks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk about His Interests First on this First date. Then, if you would Like, Go into Healthy eating with him, get his own Input of this subject matter, and Then... Get Into some things about yourself that you want to talk about and this is the gym and eating properly, among other things you may even have in common.
    Not Every guy or gal is Into the Eating and Exercise thing, and if he isn't, Politely tell him "Maybe I can help then," and this may even Lead into another second date.
    Good luck and Great going. xx

What Guys Said 6

• Dont get into that

• Personally, wouldn't care if she brought it up. I'd be cool with it.

I wouldn't bring it up through unless the topic swings thay what

• If you present it as a good news story - I've lost weight recently and I feel better for it and I'm proud of myself - it will be a lot more attractive than if you complain or obsess. But it sounds like the former is more likely.

• Don't do that, lol.

• Personally I wouldn't bring it up if it was me. But if the topic swings to exercise or fitness I would say it.

• If you are actually putting effort into it, that is pretty awesome in my book. It is when people talk about weight loss, but don't actually act on it that is irritating. Talk is cheap, actions are priceless.

What Girls Said 10

• I think you can, but definitely don't make it the focus of your first date. I would wait until the topic of goals for the future comes up. Then you can basically go over what you have already accomplish and what goals you have for yourself in the future.

Weight loss shouldn't define you as a person. It's an aspect of your life for sure, but not the only thing about your life worth talking about. I would definitely frame it in a context of something you are proud of and are working on.

• I dont think it be appropriate for the first date. Does he know that you are struggling with the weight issue for your texts conversations or you have not mention it? If you have mention it over text and he on the date mention something about it, yes talk about it but if you 2 have not talked about it, and he does not even know how you look like now or before, there is no need to mention on the date, cause he does not know how you looked like before and for him this first date iis like seeing you for the first time so for him seeing u with or without some pounds off it be irrelevant for him as he does not know how you were before just how you look like now. My 2 cents here

• Nope! Don't mention it!

• Too much too soon. Enjoy the date. During those five years you learn to get comfortable sharing your feelings and emotions thoughts and intimacy. That's fine except this is the first date. Nobody I mean nobody especially a guy is prepared on a first date to incorporate all of what you really have to say on a first date. As I said enjoy, enjoy your newfound freedom, enjoy the company of this guy and enjoy your rebirth. I don't know where you're going on a first date but it sounds like and I'm not kidding you need to go to the zoo the circus or an amusement park taken lightly breezy

• Well if the conversation winds up on the subject of fitness and healthy living you can casually mention it but I wouldn't go into detail and I definitely wouldn't show the before and after pictures. Save that for when you move into the relationship phase and you're really getting to know each other on a deeper level.

• I'm not sure that's a first date topic- but congrats!!! You are inspiring & all of that hard work is attractive!

• i wouldn't lol.

• and especially not the before and after :x that might scare a dude off

• No!!! Do not. It's a big turn off.

• Why would you talk about your weight to a guy? they hate that

• I guess it's good to know you're working on yourself and have even had some results already. As long as you don't obsessively talk about it mentioning it is fine.