Why are guys so mean sometimes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys are being trained to be mean to lower the womans self esteem.. that. s how they catch the woman. Some guys are narcissistic, which means they are selfish and don't care about your feelings so... they don't care if they are mean and being mean makes them feel better about themselves as they lower you. .. e. g. they are really sick people IMHO.

Other guys just don't know they are being mean when they say or do something because they don't know what you are sensitive to.

Lastly, communication male to female is difficult as we are wired and think so differently. Words mean different things, have different connotations, etc.. So, we have to work hard at communication.

Not all guys are mean, we try to be nice, but can be mean just by being in sensitive to your sensitivities.

Women by the way have 2x the number of nerve endings on their skin than men. So we are "duller" in sensitivity. We are lesser in emotional empathy (until matured).

The real question is why are you attracted to mean guys cause we aren't all mean. Are you attracted to kind, sweet, nice guys? Most women are not... and so there is your answer... y'all keep breeding bad guys:)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think being mean is gender specific -I've met plenty of mean girls in my time too.

I know from personal experience that sometimes guys can come across as being mean, when in actual fact they're just being extremely forward or honest. As a sensitive person, I used to take everything to heart and assume they were being mean, but now I recognize that's its just brutal forwardness/honesty. In saying that though, this doesn't apply to all guys, and it certainly can apply to women too.

What Guys Said 17

• Well I have known a few guys that are very mean to women, they never listen to her.. they want to be in control all the time.. these guys that do that.. I have no use for ever.. but I do find many guys are way meaner to other guys.. and some have even out of the blue confronted me.. I do not go looking for trouble.. but not scared in the least to fight an idiot like this if he keeps in my face and does not get the message he should be getting.

And that message would be... Back the dam truck up who the hell do you think you are.. guys have always been that way towards other guys.. but when they do it with women.. I hope the women gets out of there fast.. women should be treated way better then that.. the ones I date are always put on high on my list.. and never would I be mean to one

• I ask that very same question about women. I think for men and women it can come down to many things, mostly their past.

• Hard to answer the question without any context to go on.

• I am not mean

• Experience.

When a woman is highly attracted to you... she will do about anything for you. You can throw up pretend problems to try to dissuade her and she will rationalize or find away around it.

If a woman loses attraction for you... you can go from "been dating for six months, had sex 50 times" to "ghosted" in 60 seconds.

Women are devoted to their own interests. Why should we men be any different?

• Nobody is ever mean. People just lack the ability to express themselves. Miscommunication lead to the internalization of negative emotions you associate with the other person. You don't really hate anything. You just don't understand. Which can be frustrating.

• Because it is the right course of action.

• In what why?

• Because TESTOSTERONE, AM I RIGHT LADIES?

• Most men are not mean , they are intact kinder than girls.

• It's depends on the guy if he is a jerk heprobably will be mean to you in front of his friends

• girls are mean too sometimes.

• i like to be mean so girls think about me

• why are girls too?

• Because we are less likely to care what people think or at least that's why I'm mean at times.

• Because girls like details..

• Maybe because women like dominant Behavior

What Girls Said 5

• They like to impress their friends and make themselves seem cool. If their teasing you playfully then they probably like you :P

• who isn't mean sometimes?

• it can be for the same reason girls are mean... some people are naturally mean ya know

• Man are so immature and unfortunate their mentality is like 5 years behind then us girls.

• They're human.