How long of dating someone till you choose to introduce them to your parents?

I mean generally how long. I know it's not set..

Most Helpful Guy

• All depends. I've had girlfriends I introduced early on and others I didn't introduce till 4 months in. I don't want my family getting attached to a girl when I'm not even fully sure how much I like her yet. If I'm saying "i love you" it's pretty solid

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know i guess it depends on the person and also on how the relationship is going

What Guys Said 14

• When you start telling your parents about your SO and they become curious, and you SO is comfortable with meeting them. . . then it is the time!

• No time limit as such. Just do it whenever you are ready or you think it's most appropriate.

• There are no rules

• There are no rules

• If I figure out how to get a guaranteed 2 way ticket to hell and back, then I'll introduce her to them. Otherwise, a picture will have to do.

• This could go down in so many ways. Are you sure you want to introduce him/her to your parents? Or do you want to meet his/her parents? I am no expert, but aren't couples supposed to avoid their actual/potential in-laws?

To answer your question, I would say it depends on factors like the parents themselves (how strict/accepting they are), how close the couple is, what the future plans are, how much you actually want in-laws (or spouse's parents) in your life, etc.

• Depends on your parents. I would be comfortable introducing any girl to my parents because they are pretty chill. But I've seen people keep relationships a secret from their parents because they are afraid 😨 of their parents reaction. Also I think it would depend on your gf/bf and if they meet your parents expectations.

• I think you'll just feel it. It'll just feel like the right person and right time, and that's when you'll go introduce that person to your parents. It's really hard to give a specific time.

• If we are getting serious, 4-6 months should be enough.

• Ugh.. 4-5 months?

• I think a good 3 to 4 months is good then you know good enough about them to talk about them at a diner party and know it should not break up soon

• I live outta home and when I go to my folk's place it's family time... so It'd take forever and a half :P

• Six months.

• Well mine are dead and it's terrifying meeting them for the first time (rotten, stinky and raisin eyes) but I usually wait at least a month or two.

What Girls Said 10

• When your ready.

• With my boyfriend, it was 4 months.
    They wanted to meet him before hand but I was too nervous hahah.

• 2 months.

• He has to meet my parents first, get their approval then we would start dating

• 25 years longer if you don't plan on marrying

• I would introduce him to my family after a month of dating at least

• its not about how long, but if i feel its right and we will be together in the future -then yes

• Sometime between 3 to 6 months from making it official.

• Three months for me :)

• There are no rules, I met the friends of my last boyfriend during the first date.

• You know the question said parents not friends right?