I'm in a love triangle that I didn't want to be in.. how do I get out?

I started liking a new guy at my job and he turned out to be kind of a flirt. I confided in one of my coworker/friends that I thought he was cute. 2 weeks later they are hooking up and she was so scared to tell me lol. When she told me I didn’t really care bc I didn’t have strong feelings for him, but I was definitely judging her as a friend, but w/e I got over it pretty quick. They got in a serious relationship and moved in together. It became slightly awkward bc the 3 of us used to be best friends and then I felt like a weird/jealous third wheel so I just distanced myself from them and did my own thing. Now several months later, their relationship is on the rocks and the guy is blowing me up trying to hang out. I asked him if they’re still together and he denied the whole thing and said they’re basically broken up. Is he the definition of a narcissist? I feel like he’s playing monkey in the middle between me and this girl and liking the competitive energy between us. Is it my place as a friend to show him this is wrong or should I just leave him be completely? He’s a pretty nice guy, I have no bad feelings towards him, but I feel uncomfortable when he contacts me so frequently and when I feel it is behind our friend’s back, considering our history together.

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to the other girl about their relationship, but don't rush into dating him.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• What do you mean how do you get out? You simply stop responding to him.

• that's what I was doing but he kept texting me and I started feeling guilty for not asnwering for a month. But I think your right, cutting them both off is best.