Should I get back together with him or go our separate ways?

so recently i part ways with a guy that i dated for 4 months because he had issues with commitment.. he was previously hurt in his last relationship so he was telling me how he's more cautious now before jumping into anything new. he's also a very over analytical person so he would tell me the kind of doubts he has or stuff that bothered him. he told me we don't have that many common interests or connection but our personality are pretty compatible. he was bothered that i was into physical looks (which i don't understand why it would cause I'm not a superficial person) he also told me he's trying not to be emotionally invested cause he's scared to be vulnerable.. i told him 2 months in that i wanted to be in a committing relationship so i gave him until 3 months to decide.. when the 3 months mark hit i didn't mention anything and just decided to wait it out until the 4th month... I asked him finally where he stands and he told me he was unsure but he likes me so he wanted to see through time if we form a strong connection.. i eventually just ended up walking out on him after i asked him for the last time if he really didn't want to commit.. but it really bothered me that i didn't try to resolve the issue together but instead my emotions took over so i did what i thought was the best decision for me.. i recently contacted him after 3 days of not talking to him and we're planning on meeting soon.. i'm not sure what to say exactly but i wanted to talk it out with him and my feelings for him still remains so i don't know if i should pursue this feeling.. my friends are telling me i shouldn't get involved with people that has commitment issues cause even if i invest more time with him there's no guarantee as to what will happen. And they tell me he's too overcritical that he's not even giving this relationship a chance. what do you think i should do?

What Guys Said 2

• Dump his ass and never look back. He doesn't have commitment issues he has commitment issues with you. This is a game guys play. Don't play it

• Well, he seems to be very indecisive and so you should not pursue your feelings for someone who is indecisive and is not sure about what he wants as far as relationships are concerned.

Forget about him. It's not worth wasting your time.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should let this relashionship go, there are more people out there that will love you