Is a boyfriend with no penny in his wallet a big turn-off to you?

He is nice and caring, but the only issue is that he is so bad in managing his money. Sometimes it's OK, but sometimes he has no money at all even to buy a coffee. He pays for dates but I do too when he has no money. I told him he has to manage his finances, but it seems he is like a kid in that. I like him but this thing turns me off.

Would you leave your boyfriend in this case?

Most Helpful Girl

• If a man in his 30's still has no clue on how to manage his finances, I would not be interested in a relationship.
    It's not that I need financial support from a man, because I do make my own money, but each partner must be able to pull his own weight.
    I would not be happy with the fact, that I am the only one saving up for a rainy day and him just throwing around money to the point of not being able to buy coffee.
    it's simply irresponsible behavior, and I can't take irresponsible and immature men seriously.

However, it is a completely different thing, if he just happens to have a shitty job, and his paycheck really is not enough to get by. In that case, it comes down to economizing and optimizing ressources. In that case I would have no problem with chipping in more for expenses than him. Additionally, I would try to support my man with whatever he needs to do, in order to get a better job.

So in the end, it depends on the circumstances.

What Guys Said 1

• To some women it can be, yes.

What Girls Said 3

• no its not a turn off because we all go through rough financial moments

• Hi Miss. I work in finance and I tell you there is so many people living from paycheque to paycheque. Who said relationships should be 50/50. If two people want to be together then you can bring a good money management and he can bring sense of humor, good cooking etc. Ideal match.

• Not having a lot of money is not a turn off, but being reckless with the ones he has is.