Worst date you've ever been on?

Looking for funny ones mostly - tell us about your worst date. Did something super embarrassing happen to you or your date, or was it super awkward? Etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• Worst one was probably when I met this girl from online. I wore the exact same shirt as in my profile picture and it was a recent picture, I had the same haircut and everything. She texted me to tell me she was at the bar of the place we were meeting. I got there, went over to her and said hi. She looked around and just left without saying a word. So I text her asking why she left without saying a word, she said she left because she thought I'd stood her up, then when I told her I'd just said hi to her she said she didn't know it was me. She came back and we sat down and chatted. She stared at my arms and said "do you workout?", so I said yeah and she grabbed my arm and went "mmmm". Then later we went to a quiet bar, she started showing me all of her books on her phone, all books based on BDSM, fifty shades and all that. Then she started rubbing my arm and making loud sex noises in the middle of the bar, and it was really quiet so everyone could hear, which was just weird. Anyway we left and never spoke again. It was just fucking weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• My first ever date was a tinder date lol (bad judgement on my part)
    But we met at panera for lunch. While we were eating he kept talking about weightlifting and the Arnold convention him and his friends went to. I mentioned I like to lift too, and he was like "when did you start, yesterday?" And laughed. (I was fatter at the time but it was mean cuz I've been lifting for years).
    So then we went to a movie theater in the same area and he was on his phone the whole time looking at his bitcoins. Super annoying.
    Then after he told me a story about how he got arrested. I had to pretend I didn't hate being there haha.
    Didn't date for a while after that lol

What Guys Said 31

• Since you asked for funny, I'll tell you about my first official date with the woman I would marry. My actual worst date is not funny, but sad. I'll tell you about that later if you like.

We had done the safe lunch thing and the cute going out for ice cream. I wanted to spend most of the day with her, so I asked her if she'd like to do my favorite activity, sailing.

I'm a member of a club, so another member and I rented a boat. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, as most days in Southern California are. We'd be on a beam reach coming and going. She showed up and we cast off. At first it was wonderful. Cut the engine, hoist the main, hoist the jib, and we're off!

About five minutes out of the breakwater, and she got sooooooooooooo seasick. I've never seen anyone get so sick. I was very embarrassed because I had to tell the others to turn back. Even inside the breakwater, she remained deathly seasick. We docked, disembarked (which was difficult for her), and the others carried on (the rental was for the full day).

On the ride home she was sick and dizzy. I thought she was so mad at me. I walked her up the steps to her apartment and offered to make her soup. She declined at that moment, but said it would be ok if I wanted to watch videos. I spent the rest of the afternoon taking care of her. Eventually she had some soup I offered. To my surprise, she cuddled me on the couch.

The next day she called and said that date was a do-over. To my surprise, she thought I was mad at her.

• Hah awesome <3

Can't speak for the asker, but, I def wanna know about yr worst date ("not funny, but sad")...

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22108-better-to-up-yourself-than-lower-your-standards

Those previous mytakes I wrote stemmed from the lessons I learned.

• This chick kept telling me how outdoors kind of girl she is so I invited her on hiking and ended up carrying her all the way down lmao Still beats when I met chick from tinder that had like 100 pounds difference from her tinder pics and I was kinda stuck

• lmao was it a mountain or something? did she seriously ask you to carry her lmaoo

• Yea that's what she told me, She stuffed our texts before this with "I am so outdoorish, other girls think it's wierd" "I can out squat any girl and even some guys too at my gym" so I thought I should just invite her to hike

• lmaoo hahhhhahaaha

• So...
    Me and my girlfriend at the time hadn't met in two weeks so I was eager to meet her and we set a date after a lot of postponing. So, when the day came, I got to the place and waited for FOUR hours, she never turned up.
    The End.
    WORST DATE EVER.

• I met an Asian (Vietnamese) girl in a club. She actually came & asked me to dance. She was with a large party celebrating her birthday. We pretty much hung out together the entire time at the club. I called her next week, asked her out. She asked me to go to her house since she was going to cook me Italian food. After we had dinner, she went and changed to something "more comfortable" as she put it. She came, sat next to me and said "you are a very nice guy & i hate doing this to you & that's why i want you to know, beforehand, before we even kiss than i am a MAN!

• whattt the fuckkk HAHAHAHAHAHA omgg hahahahahha haddd to be the asians! lmao ahha ommggg poor uuu lool u must have nearly gotten a heart attack ahhaha

• lol haha yess! haha ahh haha poor you.. But I guess at the end of the day, she is now a girl :) that is what she identifies with. so no worries for you.

• @kat_gran no thank. I love Girls who were born female. Lol.

• This girl at university who did not mean it badly but she had a major setback. She spoke without ever putting any accent on any part of a word. Everything was pronounced on the same tone and she was a non-stop-speaker.
    Being with her and having a chat made you mad after 10 minutes :-(
    When she entered the student house where she was staying, the fellow students shouted "bomb alert" :-( that's how extreme it was...

• oh but I've had so many bad ones...

-I had a girl invite her best girl friend on a date with us, our second date, I picked up my date on my motor bike so the other girl had followed us in her car lol.
    -I had a girl surprise me with a double date? like it was me and 2 girls, except her friend was probably about 500 lbs. The fat one got my email and sent me email about having sex with her for nearly 2 years.
    -I had a blind date with a woman who turned out be a man, not a trany an actual man.
    -I met some girls at restaurant, told them I just got out of jail from stealing cars, they asked my back to their place to a have a threesome, I laughed told the truth and they left lol.

I've got lots more but.. meh I'm done typing them out.

• K I typed that out very poorly, sorry, not sure if it's going to make much sense.

• Man, you got some stories, don't ya... O_O

I mean, the whole "hotwife" thing is WAY more common than I ever would've thought... but, the whole idea of just bringing some rando home WITHOUT THE WIFE'S CONSENT is... uh... yeah, that's on another level bahah
      I swear, if you've got more than a couple of these stories, you should blog 'em, or write a collection of short stories, or something. man that's freaky deaky.

__

about the robbery thing -- I can't help but think the whole thing might have been a set-up. That actually became a decently common mechanism of fleecing guys, a few years back -- women would contact them through the "no-strings encounters" personals on sites like craigslist, and then they'd meet up, and, surprise!, the boyfriend/pimp/thug would show up and do his thing.

• @redeyemindtricks I've never considered making a blog, might be a fun idea though so I'll have to consider it.

After I was robbed I went home and Googled what had happened, (being robbed on a date) and found out it was a thing that was happening, where I live it apparently was such a big issue police had asked web sites like Craig's list to stop posting personals and they complied. So it was probably one of those "Scam Teams" who were just looking for a different way of finding marks. I'm not even sure it was their house we wen't to, none of the photos on the wall's had either of them in the photos and they took off just about as fast as I did after I left. I stuck around and watched them for a bit from inside my car. I was going to go to the police but ended up not doing that, I just wanted to move past it all.

• My worst date isn't really a funny one. There's this woman I went on a date with, and it ended up seeming like a damn job interview. She didn't seem fun at all. She was quite serious the whole date. Needless to say, we didn't go on a second date, even though she was quite attractive - at least to me, anyways.

• OK so i was dating a girl about 11 years ago. And she wanted me to meet her parents. I was in West Virginia at the time. She told me that we would meet them at a place called "Lady Godiva's" I went with her thinking it would be a chocolate shop (Godiva chocolates). Well boy was i wrong, I met them at a strip club where the mom and the dad were watching their girlfriend stripping. My first response when i went there was "Holy Crap!! I need a drink!!" I stayed with her for about a year after that. Never forgot that date, WOW!

• A date baby sitting our niece's xD. At a certain point one of my girlfriends niece gets the great idea we should feed one another our dinners. Lets just say it was messy at the dinner table. (The niece was only 5 years old.)

• Haha the funniest (worst too) one was when i asked a girl i talked to for some weeks out for a walk in the city. We met a bit early at 9AM, a few stores were open, so we walked for like 10 mins before it started raining. She told me my friend's house is nearby, i refuse to stay outside while it is raining i'm going to her home see you later. She left me alone lol.

• i had gone to only one date in my life and it was with a girl and that time i didn't knew about myself that im a shy introvert and i suck when i meet someone new face to face. the whole time i was just asking her the same question again and again that how did you come, and aren't you getting late. and it was sooooo awkward.

• worst date I've ever been on. hmmm. so i met this girl in a dance class and i asked her out. on the date she told me she had two kids. horrible let down.

• My first was the worst, I have grown since then.

• worst date was: met her on a dating site. looked decent in her pics. in real life she wasn´t half as decent and fat on top... we still had a nice date but i felt betrayed and never met her again.

• got into a fender bender on my way to pick her up. called a tow truck to give me and my car a lift home.

once i got to a phone to inform her why i was running late, she opted for 'another time' . =(

• Dated a girl who types like"
    "Y3s, it w@s @n @w3$0m3 n1ght"

It took me a couple of minutes to type that. My brain now hurts, I am sorry.

• Dear fucking God. ...

• Was the date itself bad tho?

And did you meet her in some context where that might be semi-understandable (say, at a music festival)?

• Brought a girl to my place just to hang out. She was too awkward, staring at a wall and refusing to speak much. Ugh... this is why I dislike shy girls.

• Maybe pick a less awkward date next time? Did you have any plan of what to do at your house? Did you know each other at all or was it a first date?

• I mean, I don't know the specifics here, but... kinda sounds like an atmosphere of sexual tension waiting for a release?
      Going over to a boy's place "just to hang out" -- as an adult -- is kinda like "netflix and chill"... I mean, there's a certain set of expectations there, I'd think.

It's possible that I'm projecting my own expectations onto this, but, don't you think she was down to get physical, and just waiting for you to make the first move?
      (If that's what she expected, I could definitely see how there could be "awkwardness")

• I like how 80% of the people went anonymous on here lol.

• I pushed my straw trough my milkshake and was covered in white.. lol

• I think once with very super shy girl I felt like I went with wall 😂

• I don't know because I did not kind anyone to go on date..

• None of them worst 😊

• I have no story because I never had a date

• I had two dates I remember as very awkward for me.
    Once in like year 9 I went on a date just walking around the city with a nice girl I knew via a mutual friend. Everything went well and we set up for another date and until then times have passed and so on, and I had strated to feel different when we met the second time., so I told her towards the end. What was cringe-making was the fact that she had prepared a really sweet belated birthday present for me. I felt soo bad for her, I really liked her as a friend but not as a partner.
    The other time I had a date with a girl that we had arranged two weeks earlier - or let's say I would've had it if I hadn't forgotten. She was waiting for me for an hour in the city and I was sitting at home without any concerns. I felt so bad when she informed me from home.

• i've never gone on dates.

• right now

• The only one I ever had, in my dreams :-(

• This chick made a comment about me being first non white guy to go on a date with as if it was something I should thank her for. Then she asked what race I was I said black and she argued I'm not black because I don't black skin I told her being black isn't about skin colour rather its my race. She thought because I was brown coloured I was bullshitting. I made a sarcastic remark about how she wasn't white because she wasn't paper white. Anyway it went into a minute of awkwardness and she tries to recover.

• Never been on one. That's pretty funny in itself eh?

• Was on a date with a girl and she said she had to go to the bathroom during the movie but said she could hold it, so she did. It was a long movie as we were leaving we were waiting to get out of the theatre (crowd ahead of us) she said to me come on come on people move gotta go. Then all of a sudden she lets out this loud sneeze and she wet herself all over. I felt real bad and embarrassed for her.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 27

• I met a guy once at a bar, enjoyed his company and gave him my number. The next day he called and invited me to a lunch date. When I met him at the restsurant, I was ambushed by his sister who joined us and then through the course of our "date" they both tried to sell me on some multi level product marketing biz. I forget the brand but one of those companies where as you buy the products and then introduce your friends to buy it and then get them to sell to their friends and so on. Uggh! Needless to say, there wasn't a second date, nor did I embark on a new career with this brother sister duo.

• Hahaha brutal! I hope you laughed about it

• @redeyemindtricks well on the date he didn't spend any time figuring out if I was attracted or not, he just went straight for the sale... with his sister.

• Wow lol. I... don't know what to say. Hahahah

Anyway, his loss.

• I went to a movie with a guy who talked in the theater the entire time. He asked questions out loud, talked back to the screen, and would say what happens in the movie, ruining it for everyone in the theater. I pretended to fall asleep so no one would associate me with him, but there were a lot of people telling him to be quiet and shushing him. They even had an attendant come in and ask him to be quiet. Then we went out to eat at the restaurant across the street. He shoveled tons of food in his mouth all at one time and talked with his mouth full, smacking his lips the entire time. The bill came out to be $65 and he only tipped the serve $1.50. I left her a $10 because I felt bad that she had to serve him. Then he tried to kiss me with his onion breath.

Awful date. I wanted to die.

• Wow! You're a way more patient woman then I am!! Lol I would have ripped him a new ass hole

• @redeyemindtricks that's exactly why when I lived downtown I'd always go out with a guy the first time somewhere downtowns so of it went bad I could just walk or cab home easily.

Buuuut most of us learn that the hard way. I'm thankful my "hard way" was just an annoying rude date, not a sexually assaulty one. Same qith this girl. Super sad that I consider us both lucky.

• yah well... pass it on! the more stories we tell, the fewer younger women will have to learn the same "hard way".

• So, I don't drink. Not a moral or religious thing -- just never have, and I know I have a super addictive personality so never wanted to fuck with that.

Anyway... I went on a date once with this guy who just COULD NOT HANDLE the fact that I didn't want to drink alcohol with him.
    First, when I ordered glasses of water and Diet Coke to go with the wine he was drinking, he really loudly and obnoxiously ordered extra wine and/or vodka (I can't remember anymore, this was almost 20 years ago) "for the lady".
    And then, when I was like, no, really, I don't drink, he actually got MAD at me, and went off on some shit about how I had to stay sober because I "didn't trust him enough" to "let my guard down" enough to have some drinks. Uhhh... LOL
    That wasn't my thought process up to that point, but after THAT comment he sure as hell couldn't be trusted! My sweet lord.

Needless to say, I cut out of there pretty damn quick.

• Yeahhh that's definitely a red flag!! I'd have been super freaked out! Glad you got out of there sage!

• @melmel1 It's good you know yourself like that. Hope you didn't have to learn it the hard way...

• I did actually. But its all good. Now I know how to control my addictive personality.

• Went to the county fair with a guy who refused to have either of us pay for parking. He said he knew a shortcut into the place. We ended up trespassing on private property and I had to climb over a fence while wearing flip flops. I didn't have to spend any money that day, but I still want my money back.

• Haha wow. I'm all for saving money but parking for one visit to the fair isn't gonna break the bank lol

• The only thing I can consider a date is the time my uncle took me to see my guy friend while I was visiting the state during the summer. We were 13, and my uncle brought his 4 year old son. The date immediately went bad when the guy's mother asked if my cousin was my son. Embarrassing. She left to do some errands and my uncle left my guy friend and I in his room with the door open. So naturally the teenage boy decided to kiss me. It lasted awhile honestly, but my uncle walked in and the guy friend THREW ME OFF OF THE BED. He seriously shoved me like it was my fault. It was pretty damn funny though. My uncle and his son hung out in the bedroom, so we moved to the living room to pet the dog. He tried to kiss me again, except this time he tried to do the dorky romance thing where they squish your face and pull it to their own. Yeah, I'm an idiot so I started making fish faces. He looked at me like I was insane, but kissed me anyway. Once again, uncle walks out, boy pushes me away. Every time we kissed he tried to get me to say I loved him, which I was way to shy to say to anyone, even my own mom. He figured that kissing me MORE would fix it. It did not. I left very quickly when my uncle said it was time to go, and in the car I decided to get revenge for the surprise and unwanted kisses. I texted him "OMG My uncle is pissed off and he's turning the car around LOCK THE DOORS!" (Keep in mind my uncle is HUGE, bulking farmer ex con guy with an angry stare that could make adult men wet their pants.) He texts back "What do I do, my mom isn't home?" And that was the end of my first "date".

• I went out to a casual lunch on this one date. Everything was going okay until we ran out of things to say so awkward silence prevailed until he eventually asked for the bill. Then I'd insisted I paid half since I didn't want to owe him anything, and then couldn't find my wallet. It was incredibly embarrassing to say the least… we texted for a bit afterwards but it's safe to say I didn't see him again.

• Went on a date with this GAWGEOUSSS😍 too skinny, but gorg Ukrainian dude. Everything was going good until the date was almost over. He asked me was my hair really mine (ummm yeah mf) I had gotten up for something and he said with his eye's wide af😨" damnnnn girl! I was looking at your front and I shouldn't have been looking at your BACKKKK (butt) " 😒 then he pinched and squeezed my boob's and butt and tried to make me grope myself constantly 😑 He apologize almost the next day. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and went on a second date and met his roommate's where he joked about getting older and getting a younger woman and then he proceeded to try to dry hump me mid movie and get me to give him a hand job... bruh lmao 😂 yeah worst date ever!

• My last date was someone I chatted to on badoo for a couple of weeks, we got on OK. So he decided that he wanted to meet me. We went to the cinema to see a film and I could not even get watching it in peace for watching him out of the corner of my eye. He had wandering hands and kept leaning in to kiss me. He started stroking my legs and with each stroke his hand moved further up and to the inside of my thigh, heading for the great divide. I said, if you go any further up there I'll f**kin lamp ye. The expression in his face was comical :o lol. After that we went for a meal and I did most of the talking as per usual.

• In 2010 I had this date with a guy friend. My best friend at the time who I called my brother joined us on the date because he didn't really know/like this guy. The guy shows up late to the date and had no idea where to go for this date. We decided on pizza hut. The three of us sit down and order three drinks, bread sticks and pizza. I had gone to use the bathroom and while I was in there the guy who was supposed to be my date says to my brother "I dont really have a lot of money can you help me out?" My brother agreed and handed him money. I return to the table and we eat and leave. I dont remember who suggested getting ice cream but then we wound up at friendlys. We all got ice cream (my brother paid) and i didn't know until later. After hitting up random restaurants and driving around my "date" drops my brother and I off at my house. My brother tells me "I dont like him" then he tells me how when I went to the bathroom he was asked to help pay for the date! I was pissed. So I asked him just how much did my date pay for? My brother tells me "he paid for his drink" I never saw that guy again. My brother and I later joked how if it was just me and that guy we would have been stuck washing dishes.

• Tbh the guy was probably annoyed your "brother" came along and didn't want to be stuck paying for some dude to join in on your date... why would you bring a friend/brother on a date?

• Really? Hey of he was ok with it, cool I guess? Just seems super weird to me... like, if you're unsure about a guy then just go on a date that's in a public place. I can't imagine how a date with a third person sitting there essentially chaperoning wouldn't be awkward!

• Lol we even called it that and they even seemed to hit it off. I normally dont have a third party join me on a date but I have had bad luck with guys and just wanted to be safe and instead it was a 3 stooges scene

• The one you don't go on.

• When I was 14 I went to a date with a guy that took me to Taco Bell and after that he took me to a park and he gave me my first kiss, with all his Taco Bell breath!! And he kissed me so bad that he traumatized me and I didn't kiss anyone for most than a year.

• This guy asked me out in uni to a date to the local park as it was sunny weather. I decided to do it because thought it'd be fun. We get there and the conversation is quite easy and flowing well, he starts hugging me basically and i'm thinking, crap i need to come out to this guy fast, but before i can he basically tries to rub the outside of my crotch through my jeans. Now usuallly i leave the coming out until mid of first date/ towards the end, just so can get to know them a little but this guy basically pushed limits before i could do anything. He was cool with it but he had a minifreakout for a few minutes before i calmed him down.

• Come out as?

• That's awesome. I bet it's always a bit nerve wracking when you go out with someone new. Never know how they'll react. It's scary enough dating as a Cis woman. I can only imagine the added risk being trans.

• It's really quite worrying but i often text the guys or girls a bit before i go on the date so i can get a rough feel for it. Luckily most if not all students are open to it in this country or at least respectful.

• Well this is story falls into the awkward category. This guy who was painfully shy took me out to dinner on a date. Well he barely spoke he was so nervous and I eventually ran out of things to say to keep the conversation going so there was loads of awkward silence while we finished up eating and got the check. I figured since he was nervous and he was a nice guy it seemed fair to give him a second date to see if things would improve but guess what happened on the second date? More awkward silence! Anyway after that I told him I couldn't see it going anywhere and that was it.

• I spent my prom night at a bowling alley where every time my date (Hank) would get up to bowl our mutual friend (who we both no longer talk to for obvious reasons) would say, "I should have went out with Hank. I should have said yes when he asked me out (it was 5 years ago). I made a huge mistake. I like him so much. I should've asked him to prom."
    I was sitting there like dude, come on, get over yourself and stop whining to me about MY date. What're you even supposed to reply to that. "Yeah I wish you would have asked my date out too?"

• Worst date so far

A 40 plus Children Of God evangelist who lied and said he drank vodka and did drugs.

Some time after MUCH sex, laying on our backs next to each other, I hear strange noises.

Although still high, I force myself to look and see him continuously throwing up on himself while passed out catatonic.

I had to cut off the shirt he was still wearing with scissors, wake him up, help him into the shower, throw away my bedsheet, then drive him home.

The next morning, I see his phone downstairs on my glass coffee table and think FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

NEVER wanting to see him again, I drive back to the swim centre where we met and hand it into reception, hoping he doesn't remember me or my address.

• I went on a date on a date with a broken record sort of guy. What does that mean? Well first let me start off with what happened. We met in downtown sf for our first meeting and had coffee. He gave me a dull looking stare (which made me feel like he didn't like me) and proceeded to pull me very close to him, so close his breath was touching my face. So i gave him a kiss thinking thats what he wants, but no.. he responds "you kissed me" and Then goes on asking me the same question 9 times in a row throughout the whole date. Not to mention he got into a fight with a chef at our restaurant and was a bad kisser. Later on he wrote me "you don't want me"..

• That's super weird!! I wonder if he was autistic or something?

• Went on a date with a dude... who brought his dad and little brother.

• Hahaha WHAT? how old were you?

• We were younger, like middle school and high school. I figured his dad just drove him but then nope his dad came into the theater with us.

• the ones I don t wanna go to but get dragged along.
    or the ones I weren t expecting were a date but turned out to be

• Dragged along to? If you don't want to go on a date then say no. Don't confuse the guy

• It's hard for guys to understand sometimes. Gotta be very firm. In fact if you say no and then explain why he will probably get the point a lot better

• @Bigboy915 okii.
      It s just sometimes it can sound mean. I dunno...

• There was a blind date with what turned out to be a real jerk & the date ended up never even happening. It was a summer evening & I went barefoot wearing a pretty sundress. When the guy showed up he saw my bare feet & looked at me like I was a Martian. He asked me where my shoes were, I told him I hadn't worn any, he replied f*ck that & walked off, leaving me standing there.

We were obviously not each other's type, so good thing to find out early on & not waste a lot of time.

• It's d**ks like that that give us guys a bad name. I can't understand why some men can't just be gentlemen

• @Bigboy915 Lol he must get a lot of pink.

• @Bigboy915 It certainly does not help your cause.

Fortunately I recognize that not all men are like that. My boyfriend is the most gentlemanly person I've ever met.

• Haven't been on one. I've been stood up for one thing. That was fun.

• A guy came to my house after lunch and literally shoved my hand down his pants. Super gross and weird.

• Worst date I went on was with this guy and we went to a movie and got ice cream afterwords.. It was just uncomfortable he kept referring to true love the entire time and he looked so uncomfortable the whole time...

• In highschool this kid really liked me and I tried so hard to like him. He was my cheer coaches son. So I felt like I had to go on this date. First we went to this boring movie and he just shoves his tonuge down my throat. I allowed it and then he got really hand happy and rubbed mu knee I told him I didn't want to go that far. We went home so he could shower. He sits me in his room straddles me. Takes my boob out of my bra licks ky nipple gets mad as hell when I pushed him off of me. I sat with his mom then he wants to take me and his mom to dinnerm I left and never returned.

• My worst date was my almost date that I had. Basically I had been talking to this guy and we were having great conversations. I felt we were really connecting and we had so much in common!

Problem was, this guy turned out to be a giant ahole. He basically showed up 10 minutes late at the meeting spot, then proceeded to blow his cigarette smoke in my face. Complained that I didn't look like my pictures (um what?). And then told me the date was off.

I had seen him circle around me before, and check me out. So I had a bad feeling when he started waking towards me. It was hella awkward, and it made me feel like crap. I went home and cried I was so upset :(

• I tried to hang out with this guy who was a mutual friend of another friend of mine. We had both just moved to the city and I was looking for someone to hang out with. Anyways, I went out with him thinking we were just going to casually hang out. He ended up taking me to this nice expensive restaurant. I was like... okay. He was also a body builder who wore those tight fitting shirts. He thought he was the shit. He had a smug smile the whole time and even thought the waitress was flirting at him. Then he proceeded to show off his "man boobs" by bouncing them for like 5 minutes. I wanted to run. We went back to his place after many glasses of wine, and I saw a pull up bar above his bed. A pull up bar... I pretty much thanked him for a good night right then and there, and left. It was so horribly awkward.

• The guy picked me up, was a total gentleman, opened doors, pulled out my chair for me at the restaurant, conversation was going well... until... like the heathen I apparently am, when the food came, I picked up my fork and proceeded to dig in. This guy looks at me, literally sets my fork down gently, like literally out of my hand and to the table again, and then holds my hands while we were apparently supposed to be praying over our food before we ate it. Considering my hands were starting to seriously burn under his touch, I figured this would never work out between us, especially when after that he started in on a deep one sided discussion of his religion, so that was the first and last date.