Have you ever continued dated someone after they cheated on you?

So about 3 weeks ago my significant other cheated on me. It wasn't sleeping or kissing or even hanging out with the person but he had been texting another girl for about a month and flirting with her. We sorted it out and I decided to forgive him and continue dating him. My question is do you think I did the right thing? Have you been able to put the past behind?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes because I am a dumbass.

• So you don't think it's a good choice?

• Thanks again:)

• :)
      My pleasure and take care

What Guys Said 2

• Something like that I wouldn't necessarily say it's "cheating". I'd consider it highly disrespectful, and I'd be deeply offended nonetheless - but since it wasn't physical, it wasn't cheating, in my eyes at least.

Now, that's not to say I'd stay with her. Even if it wasn't cheating, it would still be a good enough reason to break up with them. Not only would I be hurt deeply, but it would raise a red flag about the person. She didn't cheat on me this time, but she might cheat on me NEXT time.

I would most likely break up...

• Yeah you're right about the red flag , it's hard to trust someone after something like that. thanks for your input :)

• No, she cheated me and I don't care? Really? I will sleep with her 1 more time but not like a boyfriend its about my revenge. Whenever she try's to make new boyfriend she will reminds me. So hey go to hell 😆

What Girls Said 2

• I could never continue to date someone if they cheated on me. That would raise a lot of red flags and I would have to second guess myself about trusting them again. If they do it once they'll do it again. I'd rather just cut off contact with them.

• Yes. And it's not worth it. Never, ever again.