Is this a date or are we hanging out?

A fellow coworker of mine and I went to the movies last week. We hang out a lot at work and go out to lunch together pretty much on a daily basis. There was a movie that he wanted to see and we went after work at a movie theater down the street from our job. On the way to our job, we stopped by at the s****** center to find out if there were any two seats next to each other available for a concert (i'm paying for my ticket). we got to the movie theater and the movie started an hour later so we paid for our tickets (I bought mine) and went to starbucks to chill for a while and talked over coffee that he bought me even though he didn't drink any. we got to the movie theater and he bought our food and we watched the entire movie with our feet up side by side. We shared our food with each other and then went out for dinner afterwards where we each split the bill. He walked me back to my car afterwards and hugged me before I left. We have plans to do this again tomorrow.

I only ask because I'm interesed in him and he hasn't asked me out officially; we just hang out with each other and talk on the phone or text a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look for how he looks at you. If he is always smiling and looking into your eyes then he is definitely interested. Also if he is sharing food with you that's something you don't do with a friend. Finally look at how long he talks to you. If he is spending more than 20 minuets talking to you he is probably interested, so in your case... Yes, just be patient. Maybe he just doesn't want to call them dates?

What Guys Said 2

• He likes you.

• Just hanging out, friends, mental attraction, no flirting, intimacy, kissing touching etc

What Girls Said 2

• That's hard to say, but from what you said, it does sound like a date. You're best bet is to play it by ear and just act like you normally do with him and watch for signs that he's interested.

Best of luck!

• You are not dating. You are hanging out. Not saying he doesn't like you and may not want to ramp it up to something else but he hasn't done that yet so until he either asks you out on a date or tries to make some sort of move like a kiss or holding hands, I would be confused too.

Only time will tell unless you are bold enough to ask him where things stand.