Are gut feelings usually correct?

Like if you are/were with someone and you just feel like there's something right about it, I ask because a lot of people are invalidating my feelings and tell me I should quit on the person I love (we're broken up but I have a feeling)

Most Helpful Guy

• Not always but a lot of the times they are. Your gut feelings is the response your brain subconciously picks up when in a potential good or bad situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always believed your gut instincts give you a little hint on something. Whenever I get a gut feeling on something, and I ignore it, it turned out to be right all along! So I'm always like "dammit!"

What Guys Said 1

• my gut feelings are right most of the times.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you are confusing what your real gut feeling here is. Gut feeling is the most powerful weapon against BAD things. It's there to point out the red flags and to warn you. And they are ALWAYS right. Gut feelings don't exist when everything is good, they step in when it's not. In this case, your gut feelings are telling you that you should quit on this person. They made you doubt and they brought you here, otherwise you wouldn't ask.