Do you think the guy I dated for 4 months will regret letting me go?

so i dated this guy for 4 months and i tried really hard in this relationship because i really liked him. but he had a lot of doubts about us because we didn't share the same interest. he's a very shy and dorky guy so he likes to talk about science and politics but he told me he felt like he couldn't with me cause we seemed to have different interests. And that was a big factor for him cause he's a very over analytical guy so he considers common interest as a key factor for a relationship.. towards the end of 4 months i decided to just leave him because he didn't seem like he wanted to commit and he was very confused as to what he wanted. But after 5 days of not talking to him i recently met him because it somewhat bothered me on how things ended between us. he told me he was really sorry and he feels like he didn't try in this relationship.. he recently turned 30 and he's starting to adjust into his new job so he told me the timing was off for us and he really felt sorry as to how he hurt me during these past 4 months when he noticed how hard i was trying. he's an indecisive person so he told me when i walked out on him 4 months ago he didn't have an answer for me when i asked him if he wanted to commit.. he told me he had some doubts but he also noticed my good qualities and how i'm one of the nicest person he's met and he knows that's a hard quality to find in people. After we finished talking in the car he was about to leave but he just sat there on the passenger seat saying "see i'm very indecisive" and we ended up talking more. i honestly don't think he played me or anything but im just wondering from a guys perspective if he'll regret letting me go eventually in time? i just felt like he never gave this relationship a chance because he was so stressed out from his new job and he told me he was going through a weird transition period when i happened to meet him.

What Guys Said 1

• nope he is probably celebrating already... .

What Girls Said 1

• I seriously doubt that.